how many miles does your zj have, and whats wrong with it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > how many miles does your zj have, and whats wrong with it?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #16
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

94 with 160XXX, broken front pinion. thats about it....its in good cond...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

2015 KL Cherokee 

95 4.0 w 193k, goin on 194. Leaky transmission pan, either leaks or burns about a quart of oil every 2-3 months, not sure. Also I think the front differential is leaking where it connects to the driveshaft, and possibly my transfer case again. When I get back from college this summer, hopefully I can get it all sorted out...but nothing else major (knock on wood!)
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
Cmense
1998 XJ Cherokee 

96 4.0 laredo 170000. rusty unibody is the main issue. Leaky valve cover, front wheel bearing shot. (had to beat on it to replace ujoint) so the abs started going crazy. Pulled the fuse and no issues with it since. Besides the abs light and that just gives the jeep charisma.
Cmense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #19
ZjRW
1998 ZJ 

60000 miles problem with fuel sending unit
ZjRW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #20
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

205,354 tranny started acting up a little bit lately, quick up shifting then back down again at part throttle and feels like its "unlocking" when coasting. I can take off and be moving then let off and a few seconds later its like its releasing. Hoping a new governor sensor and solenoid will fix it.
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #21
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

needs headliner, shocks, and brakes
dimmer for dash lights occasionally needs to be smacked to make it stop randomly dimming
sometimes i have to wiggle the switch on my AC to make it properly select the mode or turn off
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #22
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

231K, (4.0)....headliner ( one day ...fairly soon), rear main leak, ( in the next 2 months), valve cover leak ( I already have the gasket), I dont like my shocks, ( maybe next month), pittman arm seal leak ( I have the new seals in hand right now), might need a new front hub soon ( I have new ones in the back of the Jeep already) and the fuel tank is down to 1/4 tank. ( dreading that fill up tomorrow). Just got done with new tires, new trackbar, swaybar bushings and end links...so now it doesnt make any noise and the front end feels good and tight.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #23
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

98' laredo 4.0 with 165,000

rear diff leaks (slow)
rear diff issues (i think bearings)
TC leaks (also very slow)
CA bushings are shot
shocks are shot
afew interior panels missing clips and screws (SO ANNOYING! IDK WTF THE PO DID BUY THERE ARE SCREWS MISSING EVERYWHERE )
rear wiper motor went last week

i feel like im missing stuff... oh well i guess.
working a minimum wage job kind of makes it difficult to make repair (or mod it)
little by little i guess
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #24
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

OH!
headliner too
one of my hellas is cracked because of a friend deciding to back his wj into mine on a trail
and one of my fog lights is broken (lens and bulb)

this makes me realize just how much i need to do... well this sucks
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #25
rozco
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHalfWit View Post
You know I can't think of a single guy on the boards who actually has 40" tires on their zj, and I can't help but wonder why. Even IRO only says that their lift can fit 37" tires but recommend running 35" tires with a 7" long arm kit.
this guy ran 40's. a lot of custom work but its definitely possible. i think hes only at around 5.5" of lift too

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/daniels-93-zj-1256919/"][B]Build Thread[/B][/URL]
rozco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #26
rozco
1993 ZJ 

and to keep on topic mine has 160k. a slight heat issue and typical electric problems like my overhead console and vic not working properly. my engine and transmission have been pretty good to me tho and ive beat them down pretty bad too

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/daniels-93-zj-1256919/"][B]Build Thread[/B][/URL]
rozco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
jimmyznutz
1994 ZJ 

94' 5.2 with 171k. Have a bad VC, some broken interior plastics, need a new driver side door. Lost my front bumper cover and crushed the driver's side front fender in New Mexico desert snow storm when a big rig clipped my front bumper, spun me out and slid into a ditch and rolled the ZJ onto the driver's side. It also popped my 31s off bead. Had a tow truck flip us upright, jacked it up and re-inflated the tires. Drove home (around 600 miles) immediately afterwards. There are a few other small issues I will eventually take care of. Engine is still running strong though. No problems there so far...#knockonwood#
jimmyznutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #28
96zjeep
1996 ZJ 

1996 ZJ Laredo

I have a 96 zj Laredo 140k and my only problem that I have or have ever had with it...mthe headliner is falling. That's it.
96zjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #29
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

94 5.2 180k and counting. Bumper cover gone, VC bad, rear end bad, tie rods need replacing as well as shocks, rocker panels rusted, passenger fender badly bent, radiator bad, exhaust manifolds... Engine and trans great though. Needs tlc.
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #30
grego
1994 ZJ 

94 4.0 ZJ It has 292 000 Kilometers on it. So that is around the 180 K mile mark

As far as I know it is original engine and tranny, but I only bought it as a winter toy / something to get me through storm weather and cold in Canada here, so I have only driven it the last 15 K of its life.

It has the basic thing of the driver window wire is cracked right where the boot meets the door and I haven't fixed that yet since I don't really need it down much in winter other than having to open doors at a drive thru

Other then that the tranny loses some fluid right now. I will look at that some time soon. it would be too much if I drove it all the time to handle, but for winter driving I top it up a bottle or 2 through a winter.

Front UJoints are going to need repair

Other then that it is a great jeep and I love it. The other day I had to move it in the yard from where I parked it, and I had to take the jeep for a small spin around our town because I miss driving it so much
grego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.