how many miles does your zj have, and whats wrong with it? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > how many miles does your zj have, and whats wrong with it?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 08-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #256
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

100,500 miles. Has some residual oil leaks. Not enough to "use" oil though. Just enough to make the engine look dirty.
Needs:
Bushings
Shocks
Brakes
Headliner
Driver Seat
Repainted Driver Door
And quite a bit more.

Still not bad considering shes been rode hard and hung up wet by the previous owner...

EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #257
nekolin
1995 ZJ 

95 230k and as of today a squeky belt cause i keep breaking the collar bolt so i dont want to tighten it all the way
nekolin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #258
jeep93GCL
1993 ZJ 

1993 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.0
Miles 145,700
Just change the front suspension no more death wobble..
Now need front brakes maybe next week it will get done.
Transfer case is leak need to fix that soon....
Front drive shaft missing
Differntial bad
Need transmission mounts to be replace
Leaking oil a bit maybe next year to rebuilt the motor
Got it from a friends that want to junk it I told him I give you 200 bucks for it when I got her she only had 94,000 miles she drive strong and never giving up on me
jeep93GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #259
bearfighter13
1993 ZJ 

1993 grand Wagoneer zj. (Yes a woody) 231,000 miles. Trans went out twice but I still kept fixing it. The best seats I've sat myself in. They're comparable to sitting on a tray of biscuits. I'm keeping it forever and eventually replacing that crappy fake wood with some real marine grade wood!
bearfighter13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #260
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfighter13 View Post
1993 grand Wagoneer zj. (Yes a woody) 231,000 miles. Trans went out twice but I still kept fixing it. The best seats I've sat myself in. They're comparable to sitting on a tray of biscuits. I'm keeping it forever and eventually replacing that crappy fake wood with some real marine grade wood!
Have you actually sat in a tray of biscuits??
Kingr98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #261
jeepycreepy96
1996 ZJ 

My zj has 121k front axles need to be changed due to ripped cv joint boots. Ac won't blow unless on high
jeepycreepy96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #262
technophat
1997 ZJ 

'97 4.0
212,000mi

Other than things broken on trail: the PCM, shocks, bushings, tracbar and steering gearbox
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #263
89arkansasxj
1995 ZJ 

95, 169,000. Just hit it on the way to work. Only thing wrong is the rear main has a slight leak for the 5th time in it's life and the stupid flickering check engine light with no codes thrown. I fix things instantly.
89arkansasxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #264
Red-ZJ
1995 ZJ 

201,900 miles. It did have the sagging driver's door, but fix that today. Has what I would call a class 1 leak (wet with oil. but no drop formation and no drops on ground) at the back of the engine. Suspiciously shiny transmission and x-fer case for an 18 year old vehicle. Couple of tears in the seats... a scratch on the door.

I'd say I've gotten off lucky thus far.
Red-ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #265
bigray122
1993 XJ Cherokee 

93 4.0, 226000+, going around right turns there seems to be some rubbing (not tire) metal sound from drivers side. Ordered and have new front struts, replaced rear shocks. Missing lug passenger side rear. Replaced muffler, valve cover gasket, RF steering knuckle, track bar replaced. A/C doesn't work, fills up, gets ice cold, by end of the day its all leaked out from somewhere. No idea how to fix. Steering is very loose, no play, just very loose and ride is like riding in a shopping cart. Also speedo doesn't work. It goes backwards and kinda hovers @ 80 miles phr. Replaced plastic track slides in drivers window with sliding door teflon rollers (EXCELLENT FIX). Also needs Pitman arm I think. I'd guess (hope not) ball joints replaced, upper/lower control arm bushings. Oh, oil filter adapter leaks like a pig. Bought T60, gasket and seal, replaced gasket and fill plug on rear diff and Trans oil and filter replaced. Vehicle smokes like a blue-ish (oil burning smell) when running... No clue what that could be.

Also, rear bumper came off when someone drug me out of a snow bank. Now I notice the brackets aren't bolted on with a "regular bolt" I suppose some PB blast and a pair of vice grips will get the brackets off. Still need a bumper and brackets.

If anyone cares to address this Daily Driver (not lifted or used as off road at all).
bigray122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #266
seabee69m
1995 FSJ Cherokee 

95 zj 268,000 plus almost 10 yrs majority items normal tires,brakes,tuneups, fluid changes,waterpump, two ecm,6 yr,s apart. i must say this vechicle has been the most dependable i have ever owned. seabee69m@hotmail.com be 70 9/14/14 hope to get a few more yr's out of both of us.
seabee69m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #267
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

183k on mine. needs front pinion bearing, rear pinion seal leaks a bit, head lights no longer work on auto, dash lights Dim on their own, rattles, headliner is falling, drivers door panel is broken, rear hatch is rusting, has dents, dings and scratches everywhere.

pinion bearing will be fixed shortly with the addition of a HP30, and rear pinion seal will be replaces soon as well, but the rest i live with, and as long as it still gets me from point A to B it will continue to.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #268
PTECH
1998 ZJ 

99,000 on my 98 limited. Only had it a month but I've put over 1000 miles on it. Since I've owned it I've done sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, track bar bushings and drag link ends. Replaced a leaking transmission pan and gasket but found i have a small leak from the fitting for the ATF cooler lines. Still needs a belt tensioner and a belt. Center console lid is broken off. I have some kind of roaring noise from the front end, hoping its wheel bearings and not the pinion bearing. If it needs a pinion bearing its gonna get a hi pinion dana 30 swap. Also needs the control arm bushings but they're just a bit clunky, no DW yet. Really loving it though. Saving up for WJ steering/brakes and some nicer shocks.
PTECH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #269
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
I think I posted in here before but, my **** has 146k and runs like a god damn champ.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #270
mudwaller88
1998 ZJ 

98 limited 5.2. 1655xx on it. Vc is bad, Trans shifts funny somtimes but rarely slips only in the morning very rarely if I don't let it warm up some. Squeaky belt, had replace driver side power seat, drivers side heated seat doesn't work. Think it was a solenoid for the converter lockup that went bad when my brother drove it to ga. More less nothing that bothers me other than not having a properly functioning transfer case and no lift lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.