How long to change pcm? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How long to change pcm?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

How long to change pcm?

As the title says how long does the average guy take to change the pcm? My Jeep is at some lazy sob's house where it has been sitting for the last month. The guy that has my jeep has been putting it off for just over an month and a half. If i knew it was the pcm i never would have dropped it off with him. I would have went and took it back but the ******* keeps telling me "oh a few days i'll have it done". Well He told me i could come get it today and sure as **** he just said he wont have time to get to it till the weekend.

I just snapped and decided im going and getting my ****ing jeep back. With doing this i will need to replace the pcm on the side of the road somewhere. So i ask what tools are needed because i will be taking them with me? Yes this post makes me seem like a total noob but remember, i have not looked into the engine bay of a jeep in over a month. Sorry for spelling mistaskes im very pissed right now.

Please get back quik because as soon as i know what to bring im hitting the road. Thank you gents

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

10mm socket and wrench to remove coolant reservoir

screwdriver if there is a hose clamp on the coolant reservoir

wrench to disconnect battery, be sure to do this first thing

8mm 1/4" drive socket and various extensions to remove three mounting bolts and connector

isopropyl alcohol and and acid brush to clean the connector pins

FOB to reset alarm after reconnecting battery if necessary

edit:
well thats on the 5.2, probably pretty similar on the 4.0
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

Alrighty thank you sir, I am familiar with taking the coolant tank and connectors off. I will take a assorted set of sizes and extentions with me.

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.