How to keep the white tire lettering WHITE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How to keep the white tire lettering WHITE

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-06-2002, 05:52 AM   #1
whitebomber

How to keep the white tire lettering WHITE

Talked to a '96 GC owner the other day and the lettering on his tires was BRIGHT white. Said the tires were 3 yrs old and that he uses SOS pads every so often to keep them white.

Seems like that would be too abrasive but I must admit his white lettering sure didn't seem to show any ill effects.

So I was wondering what others do to keep the white lettering clean...BTW I did try the SOS and I must admit they look great...

'90/'91 4dr Montero's - gone but not forgotten

Impulse eliminates planning ... that's a good thing
whitebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2002, 09:56 AM   #2
Big Dumb White Guy

SOS pads work just fine. i used to use them on my dad's whitewalls when i was a kid (25 years ageo).

Blechewhite (@Autozone) works good too. but use a scrub brush.

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2002, 06:47 PM   #3
Digger196

Any basic bleach stuff will work. auto stores all have this and they mostly all work.
Digger196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2002, 08:15 PM   #4
thecarman

All you have to do is when you put that tire shine stuff to make your tires look like new, spray it on the white lettering and then immediately wipe of with a clean cloth. If you haven't done that for awhile and they are really dirty, just keep doing it until they come clean.
Unread 10-07-2002, 07:17 AM   #5
johny1i

Comet/Ajax and a plastic scrub brush--works really well and won't streak your aluminum rims like some strong chemicals will (like Purple Stuff, etc.). Keeps the white part really white and the black part really black.
Currently an '86 CJ-7 and a '77 CJ-7 Golden Eagle---#4 and 5 following a '01 Sahara, '90 Sahara, and '85 CJ-7....
johny1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2002, 08:14 AM   #6
Kess

armor all quicksilver II wheel cleaner and a carpet brush

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2002, 08:31 AM   #7
Big Dumb White Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kess
armor all quicksilver II wheel cleaner and a carpet brush
did you get my e-mail????

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2002, 03:08 PM   #8
ZJohnR

Another suggestion would be either "hand cleaner" (yeah, that stuff in the garage ) or soft-scrub; use a brush (like a toothbrush) and apply to white lettering...rinse off and voila, brand new looking white letters The hand cleaner works good to clean the tires themself also...
ZJohnR is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.