How to get error code from A/C unit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How to get error code from A/C unit

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
SouthZJ
1995 ZJ 

How to get error code from A/C unit

Hey Guys

I red somewhere that you can read out error codes from the heat and A/C unit over the display when you press A/C and recycle button, something like that.

Can some one give me a little description how to read it out Thanks, got to fix my heat until the winter sets in

A/C is good just no heat at all, some times i get a "Er" in the display when i start the old girl up, checked the hoses for the heat exchanger and both are hot, i even flushed it and totally clean water and very good flow so its not that, when i turn the round button for the temp adjustment i can hear a motor move but no heat it just stays cold so i guess the door thing in there is broken and i just would like to try to get the codes out first before i start tearing everything apart

Thanks Guys

1995 ZJ Orvis 5.2l

SouthZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
dpshoup
2002 WJ 

press both buttons and turn the dial one click clockwise to enter diagnostics mode. Service manual or Haynes will have the codes listed....

[COLOR="DarkRed"]02 WJ-4.7 My DD[/COLOR] [04 WJ-4.0, 00 XJ-4.0 Gone]
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]03 WJ-4.0 Dau #1 DD[/COLOR]
93 ZJ-5.2 Dau #2 DD

[COLOR="Blue"]USN Jeep Club #153[/COLOR]
dpshoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
SouthZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpshoup View Post
press both buttons and turn the dial one click clockwise to enter diagnostics mode. Service manual or Haynes will have the codes listed....
Thanks tried it with the ignition in on and when i press both buttons and turn the dial on clockwise and let go i get a scale of some sort where i can choose from 00-38 not sure what thats for but if i press the a/c button again i get a 02 with a sitting men next to it, i guess thats the error code

whats the 00-38 for?

Thanks guys
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
PA 5.9
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthZJ View Post
Thanks tried it with the ignition in on and when i press both buttons and turn the dial on clockwise and let go i get a scale of some sort where i can choose from 00-38 not sure what thats for but if i press the a/c button again i get a 02 with a sitting men next to it, i guess thats the error code

whats the 00-38 for?

Thanks guys
Those are all of the different tests you can run. When "00" is showing, press either the AC or Recirc button. That's the overall test. Assuming this is what you did and you got 02, is supposed to be "In-vehicle temperature sensor circuit open", this is from a 98 manual. Not sure if other years are different or not. But your problem sounds more like a blend door motor problem.
PA 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
SouthZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA 5.9 View Post
Those are all of the different tests you can run. When "00" is showing, press either the AC or Recirc button. That's the overall test. Assuming this is what you did and you got 02, is supposed to be "In-vehicle temperature sensor circuit open", this is from a 98 manual. Not sure if other years are different or not. But your problem sounds more like a blend door motor problem.
Thanks so i can run 38 different test than i got something to do for the weekend

I would also say its my blend door but what if the blend door does not know what temperature it is in the car and it thinks its too hot does it close than?

Got to check my Rep Manual if there are any codes in it for the A/C also not sure if i got the book for the pre 1996 ZJ's, let you guys know tomorrow if i found out more
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
SouthZJ
1995 ZJ 

so big surprise, i come back from my vacation and will i was driving the last km home i turn it to hot and there it was Hot air, i could not believe it so i tried it the following day and again there was Hot air coming out of my vents, i did not touch anything but for the past few days i have a fully working system and that for the fist time in 12 month, lets see how long it last

Thanks for all your reply's guys, always a big help this forum

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.