post #1 of Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2
How do I swap a NP249 for a NP242?

I want to get away from the VC style transfercase. Is going with a NP242 the way to go? And also how do I Kno which one will work for my application? I kno that there is different input shaft lengths, what do I need to do?

FoxriderUTI is offline  
post #2 of Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Rapist Wit
GraKee99's Avatar
1999 WJ 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basalt, Colorado
Posts: 9,445
Read the faq, there is an entire thread about this.



Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Transfer Case Swap Info NP249->NP231 & NP242 JrMechanic ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3085 Today 10:41 AM
NP249 T-case dying & want to swap to a NP242 or NP231 IMin4Low ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 15 10-02-2009 04:01 AM
to do np249 to np242 swap or not and wondering about some minor things 2tone93zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 12-03-2008 05:39 PM
NP249--Np242 swap capone518 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 05-21-2008 10:13 PM
NP249 to NP242 SWAP tb007 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 11-30-2004 11:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome