How do I dismantle interior roof/headliner?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How do I dismantle interior roof/headliner??

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
mikey3019

How do I dismantle interior roof/headliner??

I am trying to add some soundproofing to my interior roof of my 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited. I have some subwoofers and I am getting a lot of rattling from the roof. How can I take the padded roofing out so I can dynamat underneath it. I believe that I have to unscrew the screws around the cieling handles but I am not sure. Let me know. Thanks!

mikey3019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
canadia_driver

yep all the handles sun visors overhead console, and trim all the way around and the pillers and near the rear light
canadia_driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
Nick ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Basically, if it touches the headliner, remove it and then use a utility knife to cut the rest. Depending on your subs, they might just always cause rattling if they hit hard enough.

Quote:
This is the classic "Unstoppable Force" versus "Immoveable Object" debate. The result? Destruction of the Universe.
Quote:
last time i tried fording a river 2 of my oxen died and i got dysentary
Nick ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.