how do i disable ABS? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > how do i disable ABS?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #46
SpenceAK
1995 ZJ 

Drive a couple of years up here in Alaska where we have real winters. After that tell me how much you like ABS cause I and most Alaskans hate it!!!! it is all about the skills of the driver. If your having problems slowing down on ice or snow your going to FAST!

SpenceAK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #47
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

If you're relying on the ABS to help you stop (and just mashing on the pedal), you're doing it wrong. I generally threshold brake and use the ABS as an indicator if I'm locking up a tire and need to back off a little. It's pretty much just a traction gauge (and I'm planning to put in a kill switch for those situations where it's unwanted).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #48
Billyjoebob007
1997 ZJ 

This is the most awsome thing i have done to me JeeP since ive had it ! Wish i would have done it before the winter started though, i pulled both abs fuses in box by battery and went for a test run and i am now in control of me brakes !!! Speedo works no problemo too ! I live 3 miles down a dirt road and there wont be no more braking and the Jeep skipping over the grader plow ripples when coming to stop sign .
Billyjoebob007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
Christianofojai
2000 WJ 

If you have ever tried to stop on a long loose gravel grade off road you hate abs. I put wires and a switch where the abs pump fuse would usually go so I can turn abs off anytime and turn it back on without leaving my jeep. I drive my jeep to he trail so I like abs on dry roads but hate it off road.
Christianofojai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.