Horn wiring question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Horn wiring question

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
mudder53
1998 ZJ 

Horn wiring question

So I picked up a new horn finally. It is the Wolo Bad Boy horn. I have two pairs of wires from the factory horn (hi and low), I just stripped one pair to wire straight to the horn, and as soon as I connected the ground end to the horn it was going off. I yanked it right back off as it scared the living **** out of me haha. I tried the other pair of wires and when I connected the ground this time, I was a little more aware but it didn't go off this time. So I got behind the wheel to try the horn and nothing happened. I'm wondering if my horn is stuck on? I had boughten my ZJ without the horn even working, and I found the problem, it was the connectors to the old horns were all corroded. I was just about to say hell with it and just wire it to a push button but I would like to have a normal operating horn haha. Just came here to ask your guys opinions. Should I try wiring both + and - wires together from both pairs of wires? I just don't understand why one pair would constantly go off and the other pair just didn't do a thing

Unread 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
mudder53
1998 ZJ 

It came with a relay so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to use it in the wiring? Not too familiar with relays. I know how they work I just don't fully understand how I should use it unless I'm just going to wire it to a push button
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
ozzy_2_me
1994 ZJ 

pm me your email and I will send you a wiring diagram. I am working on the same thing this week end.
-Kevin
ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.