Horn wiring question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Horn wiring question

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
mudder53
1998 ZJ 

Horn wiring question

So I picked up a new horn finally. It is the Wolo Bad Boy horn. I have two pairs of wires from the factory horn (hi and low), I just stripped one pair to wire straight to the horn, and as soon as I connected the ground end to the horn it was going off. I yanked it right back off as it scared the living **** out of me haha. I tried the other pair of wires and when I connected the ground this time, I was a little more aware but it didn't go off this time. So I got behind the wheel to try the horn and nothing happened. I'm wondering if my horn is stuck on? I had boughten my ZJ without the horn even working, and I found the problem, it was the connectors to the old horns were all corroded. I was just about to say hell with it and just wire it to a push button but I would like to have a normal operating horn haha. Just came here to ask your guys opinions. Should I try wiring both + and - wires together from both pairs of wires? I just don't understand why one pair would constantly go off and the other pair just didn't do a thing

Unread 07-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
mudder53
1998 ZJ 

It came with a relay so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to use it in the wiring? Not too familiar with relays. I know how they work I just don't fully understand how I should use it unless I'm just going to wire it to a push button
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
ozzy_2_me
1994 ZJ 

pm me your email and I will send you a wiring diagram. I am working on the same thing this week end.
-Kevin
ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.