Horn problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Horn problem

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
JRC11
1997 ZJ 

Horn problem

One day while driving my horn goes off all by itself and now it won't stop. I had to pull the fuse to get the continuous honking to stop. Anyone else have this problem?

JRC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

I think that would be the horn relay. I think its behind the glove box but not sure...ive never had to replace it on the zj. just pulled this from another forum, may be the same on yours. [Your '95 is likely the same as my '94. It's located in the Relay Center which is located under the glove box. There are three screws just above the glove box door hinge to remove the Relay Center Cover.

You should see six smaller relays on the left, and four larger relays on the right side.

The horn relay is the left-forward-smaller relay]
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

'97 horn relay is in the PDC under the hood. Swap in another same type relay for a test.

Might also have a shorted wire in a horn switch, clockspring, etc.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.