Horn just goes off on its own at times! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Horn just goes off on its own at times!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-04-2003, 11:24 AM   #1
Jay M

Horn just goes off on its own at times!

It's so embarrassing! - At any time, usually after starting (but it occurs at other times) the horn goes off as though someone is holding down the horn button on the steering wheel. I thought it was the alarm, so I went to a Jeep dealer/service to disable the alarm system. They scanned it and informed me there isn't one. They also said that the alarm should be short bursts, not a continuous blaring. Feeling that the service advisor didn't know anything about cars (who kept having to call the tech guy for every little question I had) I just took it home to take it to my regular mechanic. I am thinking of just disconnecting the horn entirely. Obviously, that would be my last resort.... Anyone have a similar problem???

I have a '93 GC V8 5.2

Jay M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 11:32 AM   #2
i hate toyotas

i get it sometimes where to alarm horn blasts right after i lock the '93?????
i hate toyotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 11:50 AM   #3
Jay M

Anyone know how else to resolve this?
Jay M is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.