Quoted from somebody else :
1. Remove headlight trim, headlamp bulbs, and the "basket" into which the bulb seats
2. behind the headlamp basket is a bolt head facing forward, approx. 1/2 inch size head. This is one of TWO bolts that holds the hood latch striker to the radiator core support structure of the body. Remove this bolt.
3. near the bolt just removed is an oval hole in the core support structure. Working through this hole, remove a bolt that faces UPWARD (head faces down) on the bottom of the upper flange of the core support. This bolt is the second bolt that attaches the striker to the core support, and is the same size as the first one removed
4. repeat these steps for the other side, and then the hood should pop free with the strikers still engaged in their latches.
5. replace the broken cable, lube up the bellcrank where the cable attaches under the hood, and reinstall the strikers (and their shimming washers!!) onto the core support.
6. test hood for closure/latching. Adjust strikers as necessary.
7. reinstall headlight components