Homemade Discos - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Homemade Discos

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

Homemade Discos

I saw the write up on homemade discos. I will do them, but i just need to know where to get those pins, I have no clue!

Also, won't the link rattle around? Dunno just a couple questions I have about it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Dtowncats
1997 ZJ 

You should be able to get everything at a Home Depot or Lowes. The main advantage of getting JKS QDs over making homemade ones is they are beefier than the stock swaybar links.
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Yeah, I know Lowe's carries them.
anticrombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
a70eliminator

[QUOTE=Dtowncats]You should be able to get everything at a Home Depot or Lowes. The main advantage of getting JKS QDs over making homemade ones is they are beefier than the stock swaybar links.[/QUOTE

Why would that be any advantage when your diconnecting them anyhow?
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

You're disconnecting those from the bottom, and then letting your endlinks "flap in the breeze" (pun intended). Since that's a balljoint, it does have some swivel type movement, and could potentially slide into the spring and get snapped, or cause some bumpstop damage. JKS discos swing up out of the way on a ZJ so as to prevent damage.

I've heard that the homebrew discos clunk and rattle like mad too. I'm not a big fan of them.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

i am having a complete brain fart and have been that way all week. i can't for the life of me imagine or find what one would look like on my truck and how it would wrk. i know how it does, but its like my mind can't see how it would. can someone post a pic of theirs connected or desconnected so my mind can get unfarted. thanks
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
Bloodbath
1998 ZJ 

I have what looks like home made discos on mine. I hate them. Every speedbump , or any bump for that matter, it sounds like chains clanking around under there. I will be so glad when my JKS quick discos come in a few days
6" Lift - 32 x 11.5 BFG MT's - K&N FIPK - MSD Ignition with Magnecore wires - JKS Control Arms, Trackbars and QD's - Addco Front Swaybar - Intake Swap - U-turn Steering Conversion
Bloodbath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.