high oil pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > high oil pressure

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
tbone31

high oil pressure

on my jeep my oil pressure is right to the max when i first start my truck when it gets going after awhile it drops down to about halfway? is there any concern here or is it normal, it has just started doing this after i changed my oil last.

1993 zj laredo FOR SALE, check the for sale section for details. or email TL05uo@brocku.ca
tbone31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
brad335

I had this happen to me once, this might be the case for you. When you change your oil filter, the oil pressure sensor is right next to the filter. If you bumped it, or broke it(in my case) this would most likely cause that to happen. I think mine was like 20 bucks for a new sensor, so its not the worst thing you could repair on the Jeep, but look in to it anyway. Hope that helps some.
Unread 06-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
tbone31

thanks man it makes sense and hopefully thats the problem i will check it in the morning and if thats not it i guess i will be back for more help.

1993 zj laredo FOR SALE, check the for sale section for details. or email TL05uo@brocku.ca
Unread 06-25-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
automan25

My oil pressure gauge has always behaved that way. It runs between 60 and 80 on the freeway, and about 30-40 at idle. Like yours, it also runs higher when the engine is cold. I always figured this was due to the oil being thicker; that as the oil thinned out with heat, the pressure dropped. How was your gauge reading before you noticed a change?
Unread 06-25-2003, 02:51 PM   #5
tbone31

before i changed my oil it behaved sort of the same way it would move around as the truck got warmed up or when driving on the highway, it just had never been all the way to the max when i started it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.