High Millage Question? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > High Millage Question?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 03-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

just be smart about it man , money is money . that stuff isn't free and the value isn't their . don't let the " NEED " and giddyness to get a new rig get to you . that stuff will screw you over !

cloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #17
shredtahoe
1999 WJ 

if you cant get it for about $3500-4000 then you better pass on it.
shredtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #18
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

I just bought my 2000 4.0l for $3300 with 112,000 miles on it. $5000 is WAY too much for something with that many miles.

Edit: Oh hey, this is a 4 month old thread...what the hell was it doing near the top of the page???? Anyhoo, if the OP is still out there, what ever happened with the Jeep? Did you get it?

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
Tweaks
1997 ZJ 

That things been averaging close to 26k per year! Well over the norm. I wonder if it ever gets a chance to cool down? While I would agree with some that highway miles are better than city miles, there's an important thing being ignored, the pistons have gone up and down, many, many times. There's no way of getting around wear and tear highway miles or not. No one has mentioned checking cylinder compression and that's where I would start. And that's after I've gotten a fair price negotiated.

IMHO you could find a better deal with far fewer miles.
Tweaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
Lil_Ape
2002 WJ 

That's way to expensive for those miles.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.