HID's - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HID's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

here are my 8000K HID's

gf took this one haha ^^^

98 ZJ Limited 5.2, Blacked Out, 6.5" IRO Long Arm, 15x8 Pro Comp 97's, 35" MTZ's, Custom Front Bumper, Rusty's Disco's, KOR Light Bar, 8000K HID's, Magnaflow, CB, 5% Tint, System, TJ Gas Bezel, JKS Rear Trac Bar, Rusty's Front Trac Bar, KOR Stabilizer, Cold Air Intake, E-Fan, RCX Diff Guard, Clayton Brake Lines, MSD Ignition, Gen Right Louvers, Custom Sliders, IRO Belly Skid, Rigid Lights
SoCalDevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
LS1_DOC
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What bulb type do you need to make those work ?
LS1_DOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

SoCal, those are some sweet pictures.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I tried HID's in my 05 Wrangler, and the results were awesome I could see down the road excellent, but the glare was to much to bare and I was pissing a lot of people off with them. I lowered them, swapped the H4 housings to IPF vs Delta Quad Bar's and the results were the same on-coming traffic can't see a darn thing when coming at you on a two lane road! I still have my ballast installed in my Wrangler and when I go off-road I stick in the HID's but on the road I couldn't take the beeping, middle fingers, and glares from the cops so I removed them for highway use. My friend runs around town in his Jeep with HID's but I fear a big old ticket in his future.

BTW I got my HID Kit for 50.00 and it wasn't bad at all. The lower the K the more light you'll have. I started with 8K and ended up with 6K and I think 6K or 4.3K is the way to go.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #20
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best4x4 View Post
I tried HID's in my 05 Wrangler, and the results were awesome I could see down the road excellent, but the glare was to much to bare and I was pissing a lot of people off with them. I lowered them, swapped the H4 housings to IPF vs Delta Quad Bar's and the results were the same on-coming traffic can't see a darn thing when coming at you on a two lane road! I still have my ballast installed in my Wrangler and when I go off-road I stick in the HID's but on the road I couldn't take the beeping, middle fingers, and glares from the cops so I removed them for highway use. My friend runs around town in his Jeep with HID's but I fear a big old ticket in his future.

BTW I got my HID Kit for 50.00 and it wasn't bad at all. The lower the K the more light you'll have. I started with 8K and ended up with 6K and I think 6K or 4.3K is the way to go.
Can you not tilt the actual housing down enough to get rid of this problem? Id like to get HIDs but i dont want to be a jack@ss...
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I used washers behind the two top mounts (on a wrangler the actual light frame is held by three bolts two at the top and one at the bottom) and that didn't work for me as far as the glare was concerned. It did lower the beam pattern, but it did nothing for the glare. I had a friend drive my Jeep and pass me and it was like being passed by a 737 with it's landing lights on = not good for on-coming traffic.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #22
SoCalDevyn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
SoCal, those are some sweet pictures.
thanks man

some of my favorite ones of my jeep.

and yea ull notice with HID's that u will b blinding alot of people and gettin brights frashed at u alot if they r not tilted down enough haha

but i still love how much they light up the road
98 ZJ Limited 5.2, Blacked Out, 6.5" IRO Long Arm, 15x8 Pro Comp 97's, 35" MTZ's, Custom Front Bumper, Rusty's Disco's, KOR Light Bar, 8000K HID's, Magnaflow, CB, 5% Tint, System, TJ Gas Bezel, JKS Rear Trac Bar, Rusty's Front Trac Bar, KOR Stabilizer, Cold Air Intake, E-Fan, RCX Diff Guard, Clayton Brake Lines, MSD Ignition, Gen Right Louvers, Custom Sliders, IRO Belly Skid, Rigid Lights
SoCalDevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #23
nashmd454
1996 ZJ 

best thing to do when getting getting hid's is to get the clear euro style housings...thet offer a better beam pattern (nothing compares to projectors...the true way to run hid's). I have the 9004 hi and low beams and the h3's in my fogs.
If GOD gave HIS only son for us...can't we at least give HIM an hour of our time a day.

[URL]http://photobucket.com/albums/v639/nashmd454[/URL]

[url]http://groups.jeepforum.com/The_Dark_Side[/url]
nashmd454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.