HID for my 97 Laredo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HID for my 97 Laredo?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Closed Thread
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Ninesvnsicks
1997 ZJ 

HID for my 97 Laredo?

Hey everyone I was thinking about getting an HID kit for my 97 Grand Cherokee Laredo and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them and what brands worked the best.

Ninesvnsicks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
blackzj
1998 ZJ 

i have hid's on my gc and i love them i have them on all my vehicals and all the ones ive had. brands im not to sure ive got a guy that gives me a deal but ive never looked at what brand they are. what k do you plan on doing?
blackzj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

Same question... I'm looking at a few on eBay for a 96 ZJ. Anyone had experience with a particular model? Maybe a link with their feedback?

Thanks.
VinnieTheFish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
W2001J
1993 ZJ 

Please do not put HID bulbs in halogen housings. To run HID you need projector housings. IF you dont the light scatters. You blind other drivers as well. It is just like having your high beams on all the time. Oh ya not to mention its illegal.

Build Thread
W2001J is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
93ZJGREEN
1993 ZJ 

i have hids on my 93 and there great. you need to make sure you get the bi-xenon ones bc zj's have a double fimiment and if u get just regular xenons you will not have high beams. the brand is based on prefrence. i just bought the cheapest ones and they work great. i have 5000k and they look great too
93ZJGREEN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
Ninesvnsicks
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzj View Post
i have hid's on my gc and i love them i have them on all my vehicals and all the ones ive had. brands im not to sure ive got a guy that gives me a deal but ive never looked at what brand they are. what k do you plan on doing?
I plan on getting pure white so probably 6000K 9004 Bi-Xenon HID Kit. Do we really need the projector housings and how much are they?
Ninesvnsicks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
93ZJGREEN
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
I plan on getting pure white so probably 6000K 9004 Bi-Xenon HID Kit. Do we really need the projector housings and how much are they?
they are like $50-$60 for bi xenons and you really dont need the projector housings they are alot like $250 to $300 and i dont think they look that great. but deff get the bi-xenons
93ZJGREEN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
FLboy4x4
1995 ZJ 

i have hids from ddmtuning.com and they work great and they are reasonable I wanna say they are around $50 or $60 for the bi-xenons
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

If you don't use projectors or housings designed for hid bulbs your will blind others. Their tolerance for your idiocy will vary. Most people are too timid to flash you or realize that two blind drivers are worse than one.

The BLACK clear housings on ebay WILL work ok for use with hid retrofit bulbs because they do not have reflective material top and bottom.the pattern just isn't as good as with doing things right. But who wants to spend money doing this the safe and correct way around here.

ratmonkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

I automatically adjust my rearviews and slow down so the blinder will also be the blindee.
coralman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
I automatically adjust my rearviews and slow down so the blinder will also be the blindee.
if there is no one else around, the blinder gets high beams and four roof lights from me
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
In before the lock
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
PoppaDucky
1997 ZJ 

Before this thread turns into a debate or locked, why exactly do you want HID's? If you're doing it for more light, you should look into the euro lights, e-code i think they're called?
PoppaDucky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
blackzj
1998 ZJ 

first off hid's are not illegal second all you need is the kit you dont need to spend extra money on the projectors or housing its dumb third nobody really is blinded by them unless you have 16 pointed at them its just a brighter light nobody is looking into your head lights there arew looking forward at the road if someone is "blinded" there is a trick look at the road to your right and watch the white line till the lights are gone
blackzj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #15
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzj View Post
first off hid's are not illegal second all you need is the kit you dont need to spend extra money on the projectors or housing its dumb third nobody really is blinded by them unless you have 16 pointed at them its just a brighter light nobody is looking into your head lights there arew looking forward at the road if someone is "blinded" there is a trick look at the road to your right and watch the white line till the lights are gone
every 16y/o knows everything and has the world by the balls. your "trick" is dangerous, what about when negotiating a curve? look off the road and HOPE you follow it still? get some time behind the wheel and then come back here talking about how headlights never blind anyone at night. kid.

they are indeed illegal. you can not produce retrofit bulbs in the us or even sell them from a us based business.

you may want to google that. i've posted the relevant info several times in the past on these kinds of threads.

e-code lights are not legal either as they do not meet dot standards.

closed: these threads never go anywhere good, and just like cat removal they are illegal.

ratmonkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.