hid install not working need help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > hid install not working need help

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
You're welcome. Never heard of that brand so I can't comment on the quality, etc. Look at a relay as that may be the issue.

I run relays for the high beam control. I'm a huge fun of having bi-xenon HID's and most setups require the relay harness due to the cutoff shield solenoid control.

The passenger side cutoff was perfect when I first ran it (24 hours or so). It then faded to what you see. The reason for this is the cutoff shield is not popping completely back into the proper location. This seems to be an MH1 issue and doesn't really bother me that much. This kit is sold, though, to my buddy. The new MH1's I have supposedly still have hit or miss issues with the sticky cutoff shield. We'll see how it goes
Ya for the bi xenons the relay kit just makes it easier and that's what I have lol. But if I didn't have bi xenons and it was just a projector without highs I'd probably go without one. I did on my last car since the high beam was separate.

And I see, that makes sense too. I just thought it was kinda odd that mine didn't have the washers on one. I should have contacted TRS by now so they could just send me some washers lol.

Tags
hid , install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.