hesitation??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > hesitation???

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 09-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Heffa
1998 ZJ 

hesitation???

Has anyone experienced a hesitation followed by what sounds like a throttle body backfire? My 98zj did this for the first time today and my wife's old 98xj (both I6's) did it quite a few times and we couldn't figure out what it was. Also it hesitates in the morning usually when I first take off. What's up with this?

Heffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

If it's once in a while and when it's cold, yea, i have the same problem. Don't know what it is, seemed to end once my mechanic welded the splits in my exhaust manifold. Check it out there.

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #3
Heffa
1998 ZJ 

As amazing as it may sound my manifold doesn't have any cracks in it, no ticks at all. And it doesn't happen every morning maybe 2to3 times a week. It did happen on my way home from work today after driving for 15 min.
Heffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
zjhitman

I would seriously suggest a throttle body cleaning with the Mopar throttle body cleaner. Your IAC could be jamming up in the channel due to too much carbon buildup inside the TB.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.