HELPPP !!! windows not going down - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HELPPP !!! windows not going down

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 07-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
meowmixxer

HELPPP !!! windows not going down

so all four of my windows ahvent been going down for the longest time now, and i jstu recently decided to get it fixed after we got a long streak of way hot weather, so heres the deal. all four of the windows are getting power to them, and i hooked a ground up to the switch in the drivers front door to replace the old one, and now my drivers door and the passanger rear door rolls down. but not the other two. so any ideas what it could be ? is there maybe a bad ground under the hood ? or could it be the master switch ? any help will be greatly appreciated.

oh and it has had some times where the underhood has been really muddy/dirty if that helps. and help once again greatly appreciated

J - rides minnesota
meowmixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
jgoode3402

Do they go down when you use each of the door switches independently? If so, I would guess that it is the driver's master switch.
XM Radio
jgoode3402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Check the wires where they run from the door into the body. I had an XJ that broke the ground wire in the boot anad the same thing happened, no window power or door locks.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #4
meowmixxer

well they dont go down by there own switches independantly, and all the power door locks work fine. but i will check the ground in the boot. because before i rigged up a new ground none of them went down, and now that i have my rigged ground the two windows stated roll down, so i do not know why the other two wont roll down.
J - rides minnesota
Unread 07-24-2005, 01:39 AM   #5
meowmixxer

i was going to do some mroe checking todya but we just got messed uup by a huge stormthat left us with a massive heaty humid deathtrap so no goin outside or in the jeep today
J - rides minnesota

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.