Help-Window fell off track - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help-Window fell off track

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-29-2003, 08:26 AM   #1
ccyoder

Help-Window fell off track

My driver's side power window appears to have slipped off track (window is 1 inch down. Won't go up or down, but motor is still working). Is this a do it yourself fix, or difficult enough for the dealer? Anybody been through this?

Unread 12-29-2003, 09:56 AM   #2
bartlanz
Been There, Done That

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is a do it your self in my mind, all you need to do is remove the plastic door panel, disconnect the control wires for the power options so that the door panel is out of your way, peel back some plastic (do this very carefully so as not to damage it too much) and you have little port holes that you can look and access it through. When you are finished simply reveres what you did to take it apart to put it back together.

This happened to me about a year ago when I had my jeep 96 GC detailed they left some residue on the passenger window that glued the window shut. When I put the window down it pulled off of the clips that hold it on the suspension, for lack of a better term.

The hardest thing to do was to get the window back into the little clippie, the metal was very taught, and took me and a buddy to spread and put the window into it. I would say this mite be about a 1.5 - 2 beer job.

Hope this helps ya

Live In NH? Check out this Forum: http://www.exploringnh.com/

Upgrade Your Account and Help Support JeepForum Plus Get a JeepForum Decal and Gallery Space!

Driving with your Jeeps top on is like your girlfriend wearing a shirt... I mean ya she is still fun... but...
bartlanz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
ccyoder

Great. And I've got a six pack at home just waiting to be drank. I think ice build up on the window might have pulled it off track when I tried to roll it down. I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlanz
This is a do it your self in my mind, all you need to do is remove the plastic door panel, disconnect the control wires for the power options so that the door panel is out of your way, peel back some plastic (do this very carefully so as not to damage it too much) and you have little port holes that you can look and access it through. When you are finished simply reveres what you did to take it apart to put it back together.

This happened to me about a year ago when I had my jeep 96 GC detailed they left some residue on the passenger window that glued the window shut. When I put the window down it pulled off of the clips that hold it on the suspension, for lack of a better term.

The hardest thing to do was to get the window back into the little clippie, the metal was very taught, and took me and a buddy to spread and put the window into it. I would say this mite be about a 1.5 - 2 beer job.

Hope this helps ya

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.