Help w/ stock front lower control arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help w/ stock front lower control arms

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
sreece
1998 ZJ 

Help w/ stock front lower control arms

Ok, dumb question but I need help. Have two brand new front lower control arms to replace the worn out ones on my zj. Looking at the ones currently on it, they both appear to be put on the same way, the two holes in the side of the arms facing the passenger side, meaning either they don't have a front and back or one is on backwards. Is there a front and back, if so, how do I tell which one is currently backward. Sorry for the dumb question but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

I asked about this a while back, and the response was that it doesn't matter which way round they go.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
sreece
1998 ZJ 

Cool, thanks. Was just making sure before I put em on. The bushings in my new arms are a little different from one end to the other (one end has an open space in the rubber) so I guess I will just put em in so the bushings that match are both in the front or rear (if that makes sense). Won't be putting them in until Monday when I install my Lockrite so if anyone has any other info, feel free to chime in.
Thanks again.
sreece is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.