Help w/ CIL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help w/ CIL

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-09-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
Littlefoot

Help w/ CIL

Help! We have a 2001 late model Jeep Grand Cherokee. Recently the Check Engine Light came on. When it first came on I was driving around 60 mph. It was blinking and the engine was rough. After it was shut off the light remained on and it smoothed out. We had it serviced. They said it was a misfire on one of the cylinders. They found a spark plug to be bad, so they replaced all of them. It worked fine for a about two weeks and then the same problem resurfaced.
Next they replaced the coil. This fixed the problem for about a week. The problem came back worse. We were going around 72 mph. When we started up an incline you could tell there was a lose of power. The Jeep reacted with bucking.
This time when we took it in the CEL wasn't on. They can't get it to react the same way.
We already are out quite a bit of money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
Littlefoot

It's been 4 days now and they still haven't fixed it. I like driving the Wrangler, but I miss the luxury of the Cherokee. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlefoot
It's been 4 days now and they still haven't fixed it. I like driving the Wrangler, but I miss the luxury of the Cherokee. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW, in my experience, bucking is usually caused by a fuel issue. Either water in the gas or not enough gas getting to the cylinder.

HTH

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.