Help with surge please. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with surge please.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
JS97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Check your vacuum and the vacuum routing.
There should be a diagram of one under your hood. Clean out the egr passages and check that it's working.

1b.png

JS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
funforfree

Tried a new map sensor today. No go. Runs great now till it gets to operating temp. The you can't get it past 2k rpm without it surging.
funforfree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of pressures your getting. Get one with a hose that is long enough to put it on the windshield while you are driving so you can monitor it. Sounds like its starving for fuel. Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? I would hold off on replacing more sensors until you do this. I believe Harbor Freight sells them for like 15 - 20 bucks. Or, any auto parts store should carry it.
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
funforfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of pressures your getting. Get one with a hose that is long enough to put it on the windshield while you are driving so you can monitor it. Sounds like its starving for fuel. Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? I would hold off on replacing more sensors until you do this. I believe Harbor Freight sells them for like 15 - 20 bucks. Or, any auto parts store should carry it.
I have one I will try it today. The fuel filter is in the tank right?
funforfree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #20
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post
This, I would think fuel pump regulater filter or 02 sensor at this point. It needs to be narrowed down better.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfree View Post
I have one I will try it today. The fuel filter is in the tank right?
No, Its external. In front of gas tank on the drivers side.
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post

No, Its external. In front of gas tank on the drivers side.
Bingo

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.