post #16 of Old 07-21-2013, 07:31 AM
JS97ZJ
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dingmans Ferry
Posts: 2,273
Check your vacuum and the vacuum routing.
There should be a diagram of one under your hood. Clean out the egr passages and check that it's working.

Attached Images
 
JS97ZJ is offline  
post #17 of Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
funforfree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Tried a new map sensor today. No go. Runs great now till it gets to operating temp. The you can't get it past 2k rpm without it surging.
funforfree is offline  
post #18 of Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Rich93ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richland
Posts: 461
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of pressures your getting. Get one with a hose that is long enough to put it on the windshield while you are driving so you can monitor it. Sounds like its starving for fuel. Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? I would hold off on replacing more sensors until you do this. I believe Harbor Freight sells them for like 15 - 20 bucks. Or, any auto parts store should carry it.
Rich93ZJ is offline  
post #19 of Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
funforfree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of pressures your getting. Get one with a hose that is long enough to put it on the windshield while you are driving so you can monitor it. Sounds like its starving for fuel. Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? I would hold off on replacing more sensors until you do this. I believe Harbor Freight sells them for like 15 - 20 bucks. Or, any auto parts store should carry it.
I have one I will try it today. The fuel filter is in the tank right?
funforfree is offline  
post #20 of Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Falling Waters
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what kind of pressures your getting. Get one with a hose that is long enough to put it on the windshield while you are driving so you can monitor it. Sounds like its starving for fuel. Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? I would hold off on replacing more sensors until you do this. I believe Harbor Freight sells them for like 15 - 20 bucks. Or, any auto parts store should carry it.
This, I would think fuel pump regulater filter or 02 sensor at this point. It needs to be narrowed down better.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is offline  
post #21 of Old 07-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Rich93ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richland
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfree View Post
I have one I will try it today. The fuel filter is in the tank right?
No, Its external. In front of gas tank on the drivers side.
Rich93ZJ is offline  
post #22 of Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Falling Waters
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post

No, Its external. In front of gas tank on the drivers side.
Bingo

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome