help on some upgrade ideas... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > help on some upgrade ideas...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-01-2003, 10:59 AM   #1
imnotu

help on some upgrade ideas...

so my good friends brother offered his help, and the help of his three mechanic fiend friends to work on my jeep. anything done for cost of parts and some beer. (these guys rebuild and drag race trucks... they're amazing)

anyways, in the late future, i want to throw a lift on my jeep and some bigger wheels (nothing huge, just bigger than stock). what should i look for when i want this done (brand names of lift, shocks, and tires)?

also, I've actually been considering an engine swap later on. (i love my I6, but the idea of getting an 8 cyl.... i mean c'mon!) so for this to be done, is there any restraint year wise? i mean, rational thinking tells me i should look for an engine close to my year, but how far up can i go? only to a 98, or just 96... or higher? would i need to purchase anything else for this aside from the engine?

i have a 95 I6 with Selec Trac, stock.

if anyones got some feed back I'd appreciate it (whether it be what i would need, or just telling me I'm asking is a waste of time/money/etc.)

thanks

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL=Http://zbt.case.edu/myjeep.jpg][COLOR=White][B]White 1995 ZJ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] I6 w/ Selec-Trac, Plush Leather Seats (powered in front), JVC MP3 deck [B](STOLEN)[/B], [URL="http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8HSG1sJ380J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=113KDCX889"]New Kenwood KDC-X889 Deck[/URL] (Insurance messed up and gave me this instead), [url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nZpmrQWOhBc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130TSA1680&search=Pioneer+TSA1680R]Pioneer TS-A1680R Speakers[/url], Remote Start, Optima Red Top, 180 Thermostat, Kolak Performance 2.5" exhaust components: (Car Sound high flow converter, Magnaflow large case muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe), 16x8 Rubicon Rims with 245/70 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Tires, Rancho SS, Mopar Skids all around, Tow hooks front and back, Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks and Clear Corners. [B]149/B], and still going stro... OK My transfer case can a small leak... damnit!.

[URL=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=imnotu001@hotmail.com&item_name=Donations%20for%20a%20Poor%20Kid]Donations are Appreciated[/URL]
[/FONT]
imnotu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2003, 05:34 AM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

If you are looking for all the mods and changes that you can make, saddle up.

First go to www.nagca.com and look at the grands on the photos pages.

Second, www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums and look under grand cherokee forum. The thread is member's rigs.

Both have tons of Grands both ZJs and WJs with lifts, tires, wheels, engines, bumpers, lights, skids, and even some street jeeps for some reason.

Hunter

Let me know if you see something you like.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.