Help with replacing heater core on my 01 Jeep grand chreokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with replacing heater core on my 01 Jeep grand chreokee

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
neodamonkey

Help with replacing heater core on my 01 Jeep grand chreokee

So i have the instrument panel off..... can someone help me with getting to the actual heater core and replacement......first time workng on hvac systems....,. first thing i guess would be getting it out

neodamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
neodamonkey

When i say i have the instrument panel off i am down to this......do i need to take this piece off as well?

Unread 01-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
merlinTec

O.M.G you have well over stripped this, the dash comes out complete you didn’t have to strip it like that but too late now, any way that’s not helping you sorry. Yes you need to take the rest out. Bolt up behind where the steering shaft was, 3 bolts down each side A pillar, 2 bolts where the glove box was, bolt in the trans tunnel. Hole dash should then come out. And leave behind the heater. Looks like you have unplugged all the electrics but just have a look around as the dash comes out under the heater box could still be connected. I also remove the shifter. Will make it easy to rebuild I suppose as you can put the dash mostly back together out of the vehicle.
Unread 01-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
neodamonkey

I didnt have the dash cover off until i spent an hour trying to find out what was holding it in....the passanger side is completly free however the driver side is still being held in by something
Unread 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
neodamonkey

Seems like something is holding it in right around that area....thats why i took the cover off was to try to get a better view of what i could be missing...only i still have not found it lol
Unread 01-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
merlinTec

yet bolt up under get on you back and look up where the steering was
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

yeah there is a vertical nut you have to remove up above where your brake pedal mounts to the firewall, its definately akward. I actually have mine completely apart right now also

*EDIT* and Merlin, how non-stripped does it have to be? Console stay in? Or do you mean removing the dash pad and that dash plastic peice at the same time?
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
JG_Canuck
2000 WJ 

Yeah, unless you have your head right at the brake pedal and look up, you won't see the hidden nut that's holding the rest in place.

The console has to come out, and the dash cover and the plastic piece come out as a single unit.
Unread 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
yeah there is a vertical nut you have to remove up above where your brake pedal mounts to the firewall, its definately akward. I actually have mine completely apart right now also

*EDIT* and Merlin, how non-stripped does it have to be? Console stay in? Or do you mean removing the dash pad and that dash plastic peice at the same time?
Hi
Consol out yes, but radio, heater panel, dash pad and instrument cluster can all stay in.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Is there a good write up on replacing the heater core and/or AC Evap in a 2000 WJ Laredo? I understand that the dash will come out as a unit but that there are some almost impossible bolts/nuts to locate.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
jeeposaurus1
1993 ZJ 

Here is a write up on WJJeeps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.