Help por favor...lol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help por favor...lol

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Help por favor...lol

Alright kind of a dumb question but is the OE downpipe (pipe between manifold and catalytic converter) on a 4.0l, 2 1/2" or is it 2 1/4 like the rest of the system. I have a cracked manifold, which seems to never happen on these engines , and I am just gonna go ahead and do the 99+ intake, maybe 703 injectors, new exhaust manifold or header, and just run 2 1/2" pipe the whole way.
I tried finding a diagram of the exhaust system but none seem to help me. Any info would be appreciated
Thanks

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Its 2 1/4 at the converter end. The part that attaches to the exhaust manifold is less.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.