help please! I'm at a loss. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > help please! I'm at a loss.

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-16-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
uwgKA

help please! I'm at a loss.

heres the deal. I have a roar from the front diff somewhere. I have done the search and read "diagnosing front end noise" at randy's ring and pinion.

at first I thought it was the pinion but now I am not so sure. I replaced the driverside axleshaft just before the roaring started due to a busted cv. the roaring has got progressively louder so I tried changing out the axleshaft again just for ****s and giggles. well, with another new axleshaft the roaring was cut almost in half but was still there.

heres my question. did pepboys give me the wrong axleshaft and cause pressure to be put on something in the diff. would an axleshaft that is a litle too long or the wrong size put pressure on the carrier.

the roar is definitly more prominent from the drivers seat

what do yall think it is? carrier bearings? or pinion bearings? I am at a loss.

btw 95 ZJ QT stock

uwgKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
boosh

i have the same thing on mine i have a ? does yours only do it whne you accelerate or all the time ? i just droped it of at the mechanic to see what they say it is

k&n gereation 2 intake and killer sound system! So far

*just totaled* 93 jeep grand cherokee
k&n gereation 2 intake, gibson exhust, low temp thermostat and killer sound system
boosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 07:56 AM   #3
uwgKA

yeah at first it did.
it also roared at constant speed.
the roaring would go away or get significantly less under decel.
if you get it figured out let me know. I am taking mine in fri.
Unread 07-18-2002, 09:14 PM   #4
boosh

i have a big problem the front axle and transfercase both need major work equaling up to a couple grand

k&n gereation 2 intake, gibson exhust, low temp thermostat and killer sound system
Unread 07-19-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
uwgKA

does yours have the QT
Unread 07-19-2002, 01:44 PM   #6
boosh

yeathey said it hit something and moved it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.