HELP!!!! please i need help asap!! - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
ECMUDSLINGER
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Outer Banks N.C.
Posts: 91
HELP!!!! please i need help asap!!

I have a 1993 jeep grand wagoneer with a 5.2liter v8 and i let my friend help with my plug wires and they are miss crossed some where!!! I need the firing order or a diagram of the distributor cap with the wires...please help...thanks ECMUDSLINGER>>>>

ECMUDSLINGER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 03:43 PM
rooster51
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,628
http://autorepair.about.com/library/....htm:thumbsup:
link dont work...google the web address, that works, checked it
rooster51 is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 03:49 PM
subliminal
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 584
Fail

Theres no diagram for him on that link

1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Automatic NP231
subliminal is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 03:50 PM
subliminal
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 584
Here ya go



http://autorepair.about.com/library/...bl202a-lib.htm

1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Automatic NP231
subliminal is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 05:10 PM
bcollier1823
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 162
Just for future reference, the firing order is always going to be on the intake manifold. Occasionally the distributor cap will also label which point is for the #1 cylinder.
bcollier1823 is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 05:21 PM
ratmonkey
R.I.P.
 
ratmonkey's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,793
dist cap has an arrow pointing to 1, it's the one in the front left(i think), beside center front terminal as you're looking at it.
firing order is on the intake manifold, cast in huge bold numbers.

'97 zj 5.2, some stuff, some other suff, and some things that even work sometimes.

ratmonkey is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 05-16-2009, 05:43 PM
rooster51
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminal View Post
what'd I do wrong?? tried helping and ended up looking like an idiot.
I think I may be low on link fluid
rooster51 is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 05-17-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
ECMUDSLINGER
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Outer Banks N.C.
Posts: 91
thanks, and yeah they usually do have them ontop the intake but this one is missing it? idk why....i cant even see my distributor cap its tucked in so tight between the firewall and motor. and i got a new one so i could change it but no luck i cant get to it, i could only change the wires....bummer
ECMUDSLINGER is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
elmer_fud
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: colorado
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECMUDSLINGER View Post
thanks, and yeah they usually do have them ontop the intake but this one is missing it? idk why....i cant even see my distributor cap its tucked in so tight between the firewall and motor. and i got a new one so i could change it but no luck i cant get to it, i could only change the wires....bummer
it can be changed you just have to figure out where you can get the cap out?

did you get the spark plugs connected right?

Brian
95 ZJ, 5.2 V8,160,000 miles
Colorado Jeep Club member Pi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 05-22-2009, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
ECMUDSLINGER
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Outer Banks N.C.
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer_fud View Post
it can be changed you just have to figure out where you can get the cap out?

did you get the spark plugs connected right?
yeah spark plugs went in fine a little tight putting the wires on the cap tho..tried again today to get the cap off and no luck i cant even see the two screws to get it off...
ECMUDSLINGER is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 PM
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep
 
HighLonesome's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,839
Easy to remember on the V8

from front of motor

driver is odd 1,3,5,7

passenger is even 2,4,6,8
HighLonesome is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
elmer_fud
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: colorado
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECMUDSLINGER View Post
yeah spark plugs went in fine a little tight putting the wires on the cap tho..tried again today to get the cap off and no luck i cant even see the two screws to get it off...
I think I figured out what size wrench to used based on the size of the bolts on the new cap then sort of looked at where the bolts would be and removed them blindly. The tricky part for me was getting the cap out from the firewall. I had to push some wires up and twist it just right.

Brian
95 ZJ, 5.2 V8,160,000 miles
Colorado Jeep Club member Pi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 05-22-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
ECMUDSLINGER
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Outer Banks N.C.
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer_fud View Post
I think I figured out what size wrench to used based on the size of the bolts on the new cap then sort of looked at where the bolts would be and removed them blindly. The tricky part for me was getting the cap out from the firewall. I had to push some wires up and twist it just right.
ima try again tomorrow and hopefully have some luck....thanks for the tips....ECM
ECMUDSLINGER is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
ECMUDSLINGER
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Outer Banks N.C.
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECMUDSLINGER View Post
ima try again tomorrow and hopefully have some luck....thanks for the tips....ECM
just got it done...well getting the caps loose its been a paint in my *** the last hour trying to get it free.....
ECMUDSLINGER is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Need Help Asap drob951 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 08-14-2009 02:11 AM
Need Help Asap!!!! sparelink ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 8 01-10-2009 07:23 PM
Need Help Asap Please J33Pyj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 4 05-19-2008 05:15 PM
BB...need help asap. nashmd454 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 16 05-01-2005 10:40 PM
Need Help ASAP helpmeplz101 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 4 04-11-2005 01:02 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome