Help needed parts info ???!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help needed parts info ???!!!

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
mark2828
1998 ZJ 

Help needed parts info ???!!!

Hi Everyone does anyone know any good places to get aftermarket spares either in the UK or in the US if they can ship internationally

I have a Grand Cherokee orvis 1998 4.0 petrol

I need the following :-

1. N/R Front Wheel Bearing
2. Gearbox Sump Seal
3. Transfer Box Seal ( Leak on the rear)
4. Rear main oil seal leaking ( Crankshaft ?)
5. Rear Axle Trailing arm Bushe

Also has anyone got a estimate how much this lot will set me back , ive already brought new tyres all round , new pads and discs all round , new driveshaft , new pinion seal , front anti roll bars , new battery , hand brake shoes

not sure how much my wallet or my wife ( me moaning lol ) can take

thanks Mark

mark2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
GotMoose
1994 ZJ 

http://www.rockauto.com/
GotMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
mark2828
1998 ZJ 

Great site ..thank you
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
shaban
1996 ZJ 

A quick advice if you want to set up some $$ on shipping: set up a us-based account with a parcel forwarder like shipito or myus. Then buy stuff on ebay or anywhere else in us, have it shipped to their warehouse, and forwarded to you. Way cheaper.

BTW, it's almost the only way to get new parts for Jeeps in Australia, unless youre prepared to pay about double at dealership/local 4x4 shops.
shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Agree RockAuto is a great site with international shipping. But on certain of the parts you listed, like seals/gaskets, I'd only go with Mopar of Felpro which they may not carry. I saw for your 98 4.0 where they do carry the Felpro oil pan gasket which you best replace if replacing the rear main seal. But don't believe I'd be putting a Victor Reinze (JV1611) rear main seal set in it for $11.83.

Believe there's others on here from overseas who use Mopar-Wholesale for ordering genuine Mopar parts. Not much info on their website until you open an account with them. Did see where they carry the Mopar pan gasket (#29 under engine) for $25.70 and Mopar Rear Main Seal for $18.27 (#26 under engine).

http://www.mopar-wholesale.com/

Before opening an account someone who uses them from overseas should confirm they ship international since I can't confirm this.

Can direct you to a few good threads on replacing the rear main seal if you want. Members here offered some great advice/tips when I did my 96 4.0. Good luck!

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
mark2828
1998 ZJ 

Thanks guys for all the info think i might be lost without this forum !!!

If you can direct message me with the threads i will take a look

thanks again

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.