HELP!!!! My ZJ wont start and I dont want to get ripped off! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HELP!!!! My ZJ wont start and I dont want to get ripped off!

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-07-2003, 10:03 PM   #1
GreenJeeper

HELP!!!! My ZJ wont start and I dont want to get ripped off!

Please, if anyone has suggestions, I would be oh so thankful. My '94 ZJ (135,000) has been running great the last 50,000 miles aside from a failed fuel pump (on a bridge, causing major traffic jam). My tailgate happend to close on a nylon strap from my backpack and after 25 hours of attempting to remove it, I finally have got the back open. Only now the mechanism is broken and I cannot open it again. But that is not the problem I am writing about. I think because the mechanism is broken, the interior lights will not go off even with all the other doors locked and shut. I have not been able to find a way to get them to go off, and it means I cannot drive at night and its constantly wasting my battery. I tried taking out the fuse for the interior lighting and also for the "Security Lamp". When I tried to start my car after that, it would not start. It wouldnt even turn over, it just has a fast "clicking". My alarm also then went off.
Now, the car will not turn over at all, I just get a clicking and then the security light flashes and the alarm goes off. Except now for some reason the battery has lost all its power, in a matter of an hour, and I cannot even turn the front lights on (they are VERY VERY dim). Now the intrusment panel cannot even light. I tried Jumpstarting but it did nothing, tried replacing all the fuses but it did nothing, and ive even now replaced the battery, which did nothing.
When the car is hooked up to jumpers to another car, it has full power, but still does not even turn or come close to starting. I am worried if I take it to a repair shop, they will tell me something else is wrong that isnt and charge me a lot. I am a student on a very low budget.
SO PLEASE! ANYONE WITH SUGGESTIONS, HELP!!!!!!!! raacerx@attbi.com if you want to directly email me, or even call me at 510-599-0558 (west coast)

Unread 01-07-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
GreenJeeper

One more Thing

Concerning the "Security Lamp" fuse. I removed this on accident but I was curious what this was and if it could have anything to do with the car not even turning over and the alarm going off everytime i am done trying to turn the engine over.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.