Help with my 97 ZJ with death wobble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with my 97 ZJ with death wobble

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 07-31-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
CarterZJ
1997 ZJ 

Help with my 97 ZJ with death wobble

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I recently put a 3 inch lift on with 31x10.5 all terrain tires. After hitting moderate to large size holes/bumps while driving 40 mph+ the front end starts shaking uncontrollably which I presume is "Death Wobble" I've had the Stabilizer Bar replaced, the C-Track Bar replaced, and also the front end aligned and the problem is still not resolved. If anyone could help or give any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you Jeep Family.

CarterZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

W/o knowing what you have for a lift , I will presume you are running the Original lower front control arms and point at the bushings in those .

See my thread "what 100k bushings look like"
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
iann32
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
W/o knowing what you have for a lift , I will presume you are running the Original lower front control arms and point at the bushings in those .

See my thread "what 100k bushings look like"
x2 plus make sure your tie rods are good. The people who aligned it may not have check them. If so i wouldnt use that shop again lol
iann32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4x4 , death wobble , grand cherokee , jeep , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.