Help with my 97 ZJ with death wobble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with my 97 ZJ with death wobble

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 07-31-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
CarterZJ
1997 ZJ 

Help with my 97 ZJ with death wobble

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I recently put a 3 inch lift on with 31x10.5 all terrain tires. After hitting moderate to large size holes/bumps while driving 40 mph+ the front end starts shaking uncontrollably which I presume is "Death Wobble" I've had the Stabilizer Bar replaced, the C-Track Bar replaced, and also the front end aligned and the problem is still not resolved. If anyone could help or give any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you Jeep Family.

CarterZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

W/o knowing what you have for a lift , I will presume you are running the Original lower front control arms and point at the bushings in those .

See my thread "what 100k bushings look like"
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
iann32
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
W/o knowing what you have for a lift , I will presume you are running the Original lower front control arms and point at the bushings in those .

See my thread "what 100k bushings look like"
x2 plus make sure your tie rods are good. The people who aligned it may not have check them. If so i wouldnt use that shop again lol
iann32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.