HELP !! heat ac blower motor removeal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HELP !! heat ac blower motor removeal

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
bigwave

2004 TJ Wrangler 

HELP !! heat ac blower motor removeal

OK, someone has to know how to simply do this. I am trying to remove the blower motor on a 1998 zj. No matter how I rotate it, it will not come out. The little fan vent guide and a large square electric module, which I cannot get to pull out keep it from sliding down enough to remove. I'm sure I'm missing something here and feeling stupid.

back story is, I think my resister is bad but the fan is rubbing a little and I really need to pull it out and fix the rub or remove what ever is in there or I'm sure the new resister will not last long.
PLEASE HELP and Thanks

bigwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
1998_ZJltd
1998 ZJ 

it sucks .....

search here for dash complete removal .... read and view picks ... have a beer ... then tomorrow give it a crack ....
1998_ZJltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
bigwave

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Never mind I go it out, I popped out two of the relays and bingo it dropped right out. The relays must have been in there for 17 years because it was a bear to pull the larger one out.
Unread 06-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

I like the have a beer part...........

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
jeepjeepster

I was going to say, just take a bunch of relays out and it'll fall out. I had to take mine out to clean the evap off. It was pretty much plugged up.

jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
bigwave

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Eval

I just got this thing for my 16 yo to drive. I was told it had a new evap and compressor in it but they quit working on it before they got the blower working. It's been a chore. I did get the blower to pop on for a few seconds. It's a short up behind the glove box and not the blower motor or resistor.
Unread 06-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #7
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

I know you checked the plug itself,they are known for shorting out. The pics in my thread might help some with the way the wires are routed,if it isn't ATC. If it is there is a link to the thread that does have it. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/3...-98-a-1398459/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c...build-1828106/

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
bigwave

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I hope I don't have to do that, just yet.

My AC compressor is working and making the plumbing cold but I have no blower motor. I replaced the resistor and still no go, now I did start pushing and pulling all the wires behind the glove box and bam, it popped on. I think I have isolated the area and harness, roughly. Now I just need to find the exact wire that is causing the issue, I'm almost thinking it has to be a ground wire.... somewhere. Or, well, I say somewhere but it is for sure behind the glove box I just don't know exactly which one.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.