Help with the fuel lines, I basically STOLE this zj for $400 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with the fuel lines, I basically STOLE this zj for $400

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 06-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
AlpineStar94

Help with the fuel lines, I basically STOLE this zj for $400

Ok I need help. I bought my 94 zj 5.2 from a guy for $400 bucks. Long story short, he thought the whole fuel system was out and it was actually just the 20 amp fuse in the power dist. box. Anyways the gas tank is off, the pump was good, the filter was on but I Replaced it. Now I have 3 fuel lines, two go directly from the pump to the front of the jeep, and one goes into the fuel filter. I have searched online at forums videos, etc and can not figure out which of the sides of the fuel rail the line from the fuel filter goes to. I hope my question makes sense and hopefully somebody can tell me because that's the only thing holding me back from driving this beast.

AlpineStar94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
AlpineStar94

I should also mention, the only reason I found out about the fuse being blown is because of you guys on this forum. I'm brand new here and I'm young, therefore I don't know much about jeeps or even vehicles period. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
98ZJOKC

I think two of the lines you are talking about are the lines that return excess pressure from the fuel pressure regulators mounted on the fuel rails back to the fuel tank. The only one that "sends" fuel to the front is the one that goes through the fuel filter and is split to the fuel rails near the back of the engine. '93 and '94's used a different fuel pressure regulator setup than later models which were either built into the fuel pump or mounted on top of the fuel pump.

Don't know if that tells you what you needed, but good luck. You beat my steal by $200.
98ZJOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
dellis
1998 ZJ 

*deleted
dellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
98ZJOKC

Oops. My Bad. One EVAP line, One return line, and one filter/supply line. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.
98ZJOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
AlpineStar94

Yes that was all I needed thanks man! I got it up and running. Was a little rough at first but there was probably just air in the lines. Anyways thanks for the help!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.