Help with ECM - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help with ECM

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 02-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Help with ECM

Does any one have a schematic of the three connectors on the ECM? the Gray White and Black? My problem is the jeep wont start sometime or just dies while driving. If I wiggle the Black Connector it starts and runs fine, if I wiggle it again it dies. Would you think the problem is in the ECM or the black Connector? The only thing I noticed when I got the donor connector from the JK the two little tabs you squeeze are missing on the one in the jeep. Oh this is a 97 ZJ.

Dre40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
melk
1996 ZJ 

Chances are the ECM itself is ok, it's just the loose connector that's causing problems. Hit it with some spray electronics cleaner and then snug it down with a zip tie
melk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.