Help Bolt Sizes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help Bolt Sizes

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
mashbolt
1998 ZJ 

Help Bolt Sizes

Hi All,

Help please I need the size and specification of some bolts so I can buy them prior to doing some work on my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis.

The last place I want to buy the bolts from is the Steallership.

Can you tell me, are the following Metric or Imperial, their length, diameter and grade.

The bolts holding the Lower Control Arms on at both ends.

The cams at the axle end of the lower controll arm. I think I might need to go to the dealer for these.

The Pan head bolt and nut connecting the Track bar to the bracket at the front right end of the axle housing.

The bolts that hold on the Anti Roll bar clamp

Has anyone get any ideas / tips on removing a stuck Panhead bolt? Mine is sized and will not undo. If I snap it off the problem will be removing whats left of the bolt. Any thoughts?

All help and info gratefully received.

Unread 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

The track bar bolt is M10x1.5. Its about 3" long. Breaking it off will be fine, since the other half will come out in the nut on the backside. The nut is attached to a tab for easy install. You could just use a regular nut when you reinstall and hold it with a pair of needlenose.

That bolt runs $27 at the dealership (around here - probably even more in the UK)... I know the hard way. And it didn't even fit my adjustable track bar.

Not sure about the others.
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
kachink
1998 ZJ 

From the parts film for '98. Sizes are there for some, but not all. I don't see grades.
fig2-110-1.jpg   fig2-110-2.jpg   fig2-110-3.jpg  
kachink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.