HELP! Blower Motor, Blower Motor Resistor Fix Already Attempted... No Luck! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > HELP! Blower Motor, Blower Motor Resistor Fix Already Attempted... No Luck!

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
DJGWJ
2001 WJ 

HELP! Blower Motor, Blower Motor Resistor Fix Already Attempted... No Luck!

I'm at a loss... My blower motor stopped working in textbook fashion on my 2001 GC Limited 4.7. Started intermittently going on and off, and would come to life if I wiggled the connector on the resistor. Like an idiot, I let this go for quite some time, until it stopped working all together, actually... My first attempt to fix this problem was the wiring harness repair - No luck. Then, I figured the resistor itself was probably toast, so I attempted replacing that yesterday - Still dead in the water. And I'm freezing my ars off in the snow...

After researching, I've seen a couple of possible fixes and I'm just looking for some additional optinions before making my next move. What I'm leaning toward is the blower motor being completely shot. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Additionally, I am experiencing the creaking/farting noise in my dash about 2-3 minutes after shutting the car off. However, the heat worked great when the blower was running. Is this a problem with the blend door?

Thanks

Danny G.

DJGWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
MeWJWifeZJ
1996 ZJ 

The creaking you hear is the blend and temp doors going back to their neutral position while the vehicle is turned off. As far as a blower motor fix, try running direct power to the motor, see if it turns on. If it does, you have a wiring gremlin. If not, you have a bad motor

Traded away the WJ to get a commuter

We finally got another Jeep after 5 years without. Too bad it's ALL stock.
MeWJWifeZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
DJGWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000WJMN View Post
The creaking you hear is the blend and temp doors going back to their neutral position while the vehicle is turned off. As far as a blower motor fix, try running direct power to the motor, see if it turns on. If it does, you have a wiring gremlin. If not, you have a bad motor
Thank you for your prompt response. I've yet to attempt to find the blower itself... Is it easy to access without having to pull the dash apart? Just thinking it would be easier to pull the motor out and test it, as opposed to running 15 feet of wire from the battery to the interior.
Unread 12-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
DJGWJ
2001 WJ 

Well, apparently I need to go to the auto parts store and pick up a 40A fuse cause my blower motor fuse is blown... And maybe I can grab a dunce hat at the same time! Always the small, simple things overlooked...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.