help !!!!! 1996 gc pcm diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > help !!!!! 1996 gc pcm diagram

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
newbiegrand
1996 ZJ 

help !!!!! 1996 gc pcm diagram

I have been having problems with my gc stumbling and stalling
on occasion it seems to do it when cold but sometimes it will run just fine.
I am aware of the issues with the pcm going bad (solder breaking inside)
however today I decided to do a little maintenance due to a post I
read about cleaning the connections. this went well until I got to the last
one the Grey plug..which I beleive is described as "c3" anyway when I unplugged it basically the whole plug came appart in my hand exposing some 20 wiring plugs that should be seated into the grey portion of the main plug that attaches to the pcm..this is no longer the case. So I don't short out, smoke or set my gc on fire..please can anyone tell me where I can find a pin out for the connector (must contain wire color) so I can match the wires back to the numbered pin out and get my gc running again..thanks for any help.

newbiegrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Welcome to JF!

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
newbiegrand
1996 ZJ 

KoreaZJ thanks so much..this worked perfect for getting everything back in place, unfortunately
the stalling problem I am having is still ongoing, so I will be trying the hose clamp trick to see if
that keeps the plugs secured enough. if not looks like a new pcm for me. well I'm off to the
store to get some dielectric grease and a hose clamp ..wish me luck.
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Have you checked for fault codes? Look... HERE

More ideas for stalling in this thread... HERE
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
newbiegrand
1996 ZJ 

just to let everyone know this issue was resolved not long after my last post back in December of last year
in my case it was the battery cables / not the terminal connections but the connection of cable to the terminal
connectors ..under the chrome plate that you cannot see through after removing I found corrosion and all kinds
of evidence of loose connection/arcing on the negative side (positive side was not much better) I cut the cables back a couple
inches and reattcted to new terminals and bam I have yet to have any intermitten issues with the ZJ dying since.

I know there are other issues that can cause this but after all my efforts it was just connections to the battery
cables... ..good luck to all with this issue.
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
dellis
1998 ZJ 

Thank-you so much for updating the solution to the problem. I wish everyone did this.
dellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.