Hello.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Hello..

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Laredo96

Hello..

Just wanted to say hi and say thanks already to the people of this forum. It's already saved me some money and taught me a lot about the 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo I just bought from my brother. I just bought it for $1200 about 10 days ago & already took her on a trip. Put a little over 1300 miles on her. I did have to do some work to her before the trip, and that's when I found this forum. I had to do upper & lower ball joints on the front drivers side, plus a new caliber, new rotors & pads in the rear, & then your basic oil change, grease everything, ect... This forum definitely helped me with the ball joints (hopefully I'll never have to do those again). The Jeep ran great all the way there and back until we stopped about 6 miles from home. I stopped at a store for my wife and when I went to start her up, the key lock cylinder broke. So the forum helped me fix that today. Anyways sorry for the long story. Just really wanted to thank everyone for the posts that helped me. I'm now the proud owner of a 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo that runs and drives great!!!

Laredo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
1998_ZJltd
1998 ZJ 

good to hear .. this forum has saved my but a few times also ..

even to the point that I bought my kid a 98 laredo because she loves my 98 5.9 and I was not going to give it to here ...
1998_ZJltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
Laredo96

Lol...my oldest is 17. She wants me to buy her a car, but she couldn't take care of the phone I bought her. So if she wants a car she's gonna have to work and save up for it. I guarantee she'll take care of it if she had to work and pay for it...lol
Laredo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Welcome aboard !

I like the way you're handling the daughter issue. You wont be sorry in the long run and when she's about 30, she'll thank you for it....just as my son did, 10 years after I let him get his first truck repo'd. Ten years later he said he was glad I didnt bail him out and that he'll never bite off more than he can chew again.

BTW, he didnt speak to me for a year...haha !

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Welcome
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.