post #1 of Old 01-23-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Mrd4322

hellllppp blower motor problem

ok this is a complicated situation....i just bought a 2002 grand cherokee limited w/ the automatic heat and stuff....anways my blower motor stopped working and i went to check it out and everything works except the blower,i took a power probe and tested it for power and ground,it has power getting to it but theres something with the ground,i took a piece of wire and put it to a metal bracket under the glove box and put the other end into the connector that connects to the blower...well the motor worked once i did that on all speeds/settings etc. i know they have blower motor modules and that it grounds the blower motor....has anyone else had this problem? i dont know if the module is bad because its not grounding the blower motor or if the ground wire or connector its self is bad...im a jeep virgin so i dont know if this is a common problem

post #2 of Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Briandl

First make sure it's not this:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/blower_motor.htm

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L H.O. V8