Heater/Driver seat heater - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heater/Driver seat heater

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
lamar2626
2001 WJ 

Heater/Driver seat heater

My driver seat heater isnt working.. also Heater Isnt working.. ive been told that there is a problem with WJ's and the heater where somewhere under the dash a hinge on a little flap door thing breaks and that keeps the door from moving which wont let heat in? maybe? i dunno haha.. anyone know a fix for it? or maybe why my driver side seat wont heat?

lamar2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
JG_Canuck
2000 WJ 

If its' a Limited with the dual zone climate control, then you could have the broken Blend Doors. Search the forum on those and you'll get plenty of reading...

I've heard the seat heaters can be a problem with the wiring where it enters the seat (back by the seatbelt). No experience though, mine are still working.
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
vixman

Well, it sounds to me like you have the two lousy things about Jeep heating going on at the same time. If there's cold air blowing out of the passenger side dash when the eat is on, then the blend door is broken. They were poorly made and routinely blow out when you start the car with the fan on full. It's a pain in the butt to get under there and I had the dealer replace mine for $800+. Ridiculous but we use our truck to go skiing and we needed heat.

The seat heater, particularly on the driver's side because it gets used more, isa common failure. Chrysler used a seat design that has a metal rod running across the wires that feed the seat heater element. Jump in and out of the truck a couple of hundred times and the rod wears through the insulation and the whole thing shorts out. The current replacement item runs a little over $300 and requires pulling the seat, stripping the cover, replacing the element, replacing the cover. It's a bit of a pain, but not the worst thing I've had to repair.
vixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
straty1987

for the heated seats hear is the DIY fix Heated Seat Repair Procedure - JeepsUnlimited.com Forums but check the lights on the switches, if they don't light up might need to replace them, here is more info Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Power and heated seats

to find out whats going on with the heat, see what code you get. got to Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Climate controls
and then follow the AZC self-diagnostic mode part to see what code or codes you get.

if you have to fix the system i fixed my not to long ago here is the thread to see what is involved http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-pics-884932/
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 05:34 AM   #5
cmonson

search for the heater treater.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.