Heater Control Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heater Control Question

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 06-16-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
boing

Heater Control Question

My heater control think that changes from defrost to vent to bi-level... is not working it is stuck on the floor-defrost setting. I have a 93 ZJ with a 5.2l and I tried taking the center panel off and I got the four screws out and it seems to be caught on the bottom by the ash tray How do I get this off without smashing it. And how do I check for a possible vaccume leak?

Thanks
Boing

boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2003, 09:28 PM   #2
pHaZe5unIt1

Re: Heater Control Question

Quote:
Originally posted by boing
My heater control think that changes from defrost to vent to bi-level... is not working it is stuck on the floor-defrost setting. I have a 93 ZJ with a 5.2l and I tried taking the center panel off and I got the four screws out and it seems to be caught on the bottom by the ash tray How do I get this off without smashing it. And how do I check for a possible vaccume leak?

Thanks
Boing
right behind the ash tray there are 2 more srcews just remove the ash tray and 2 screws and pop it off and your golden. Mine sticks every once in a while but that was when it was cold.
Unread 06-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
boing

Thanks I looked in there and didnt see any. Oh well I will try it again. I wouldnt care if it was stuck in the cold but it is starting to get hot here and I want my AC to blow out the vents not out the floor.

Thanks
Boing
boing is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.