heater blowing warm air... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > heater blowing warm air...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-28-2001, 05:16 PM   #1
Kess

heater blowing warm air...

the heater in my 94 zj is only blowing luke warm air, in any other car/suv the heater blows some hellacious HOT air, yet mine is just warm, i recently had me heater core replaced, that was b4 winter so i dont knwo if it ever blew hot air, i also replaced my thermostat and that didnt help any, does ne one have ne suggestions or experience???michigan winter gets brutal cold

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2001, 07:06 AM   #2
Big Dumb White Guy

aw c'mon ya big pansie. how long have you lived in Michigan? just kidding...

could there be some kind of blockage in the heater core? go back to the place that did the work and see what they have to say about it. i'd let them fix it.

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
The^Knightmare

well this is kinda the opposite but when my A/C went out it would blow luke warm air, checked the fuse box and it was a blown fuse, just replaced it and worked fine again....just a thought
- 3JL 12W6s w/ Kicker ZR600
The^Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
ZJ$PIT

Replace your T-Stat.
ZJ$PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2002, 01:21 PM   #5
Kess

i did replace my tstat...

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Unread 01-04-2002, 10:21 PM   #6
jmg

replace the t-stat with a hotter t stat
jmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2002, 12:40 AM   #7
CraigChristie

I HAD RECENTLY HAD A WOMEN WITH THE SAME PROBLEM(DIFFERENT CAR) AND IT TURNED OUT HER BLOWER WAS GOING TO HELL. JUST ANOTHER IDEA TO CHECK OUT. IM NOT EXACTLY CERTAIN WHERE THE MOTOR IS LOCATED BUT IF YOU HAVE A CHILTONS IT WILL SHOW YOU THE LOCATION.
K&N OPEN BOX
THRUSH GLASS PACKS (TOO LOUD, WILL GO CAT BACK)
CraigChristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2002, 03:14 PM   #8
Kess

the heater fan???as in the blower, the windage of the fan is fine the high blows pretty stiff like, but the air it is blowing is not HOT

Unread 01-08-2002, 08:56 PM   #9
bushmasta

I feel your pain. I have a 93 with the exact same problem. I just had my AC replaced last summer, i noticed it after that. Not sure why. Some one chime in w/ answeres please. the fan works fine. it will get hot eventually but doesn't blow out the super hot like other cars.
bushmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2002, 09:13 PM   #10
mmyers

make sure that the coolant level is topped off, and make sure that the heater hoses aren't kinked or restricted.
M.
brake lines, OME long travel shocks, Rancho RS 5401 steering stab, custom diff and
t-case skids, Mikey enterprises rock rails, Jacobs pro street ignition, 8.5mm Magnecore
wires, Kolak exhaust(converter removed), custom K&N, remote start/alarm, Warn
HS9500i, PIAA super whites, "Kolak" headlight harness, RS CB, 4.56 gears, Lock-rite
front and back,Optima red top, "Jeepsunlimited.com" rear window sticker, winter jack
ball.
mmyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.