Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Heated Mirror Question>

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wino_ii 
#1 · (Edited)
My drivers side heated mirror quit working on me? any one have any ideas? my passenger side one works! do i need a new mirror or are they controlled by fuses? or something simple? its a nice feature to have living in tahoe... THANKS

#2 ·
I've never heard of the mirrors being fused, but it is always a posibility.

My first instinct would be that you have a broken wire in the drivers door harness or you need to replace the mirror. But do a couple simple checks with a dvom and see what you have for voltage coming to the mirror. Then check the resistance through the heating circut of the mirrors. This should help.

#4 ·
bikemanj7 said:
wow ok??? ya i dont have a dvom and have no idea how to even get this mirror appart! maybe just take it back to the dealer...
Swing by the dealer and ask them to check it out. Taking the mirror on and off are a PITA and the mirror can crack VERY easily. Not to mention, if you do crack it...they're very hard to find at the junkyard AND they cost close to 60-70 bucks for a replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.