Headliner Removal Step By Step Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Headliner Removal Step By Step Needed

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
josephsproles
1996 ZJ 

Headliner Removal Step By Step Needed

96 4.0 ZJ, Interior is the stock "Doe Brown" and headliner is completely done, sagging, and the outsides are untucked and nearly falling. Buying a headliner kit this week then heading back home the following weekend, Want to do this in a single sitting, so I need the removal process of the headliner board so that I can take it completely out, recover, the reinstall. ALSO, Any Picks of before and after shots would be GREAT to see the difference.

josephsproles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
melk
1996 ZJ 

Basically just remove the grab handles, visors and center console. Fairly straightforward. May need to pop off the pillar trim too can't remember for sure.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
JeepBeats96JGC
1996 ZJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...guide-1416673/
JeepBeats96JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
JeepBeats96JGC
1996 ZJ 

How to re-cover sun visor http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...-post-1471837/
JeepBeats96JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
josephsproles
1996 ZJ 

@JeepBeats96JGC Thanks!!! That is awesome, Mine is the Tan interior like this pictured. I really need to do my headline, I could get away with pins, but I'd rather do a real Job.
img_20120906_185318.jpg   img_20120906_185259.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
josephsproles
1996 ZJ 

Just bought my replacement headliner from Autozone online. Just got a normal Brown headliner for replacement, and will use headliner adhesive for the job. cant wait to get it all done!
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
Bear304inc
1998 ZJ 

Been awhile since last time putting one up, but do remember not being stingy with the spray adhesive helped alot. Course i did it with it still in. Talk about uncomfortable positions.. follow the glues directions and mind the weather temps on your adhesive. Have fun.
Bear304inc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
massarosareloud
1996 ZJ 

Be sure to give us some before and after shots of yours too!

EDIT: Removed some wrong information. Basically stupidity.
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

There are very helpful videos on Youtube that will show you the complete process like this one:

Did mine and it came out great.
Kingr98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
headliner , install , interior , recover , removal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.