Headliner Question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Headliner Question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldGold View Post
Any pictures of that headliner/bedliner job Oldfrog? Sounds pretty sweet!
Been meaning to take some and post them.
Need batteries for my camera....(the one in my phone really sucks.) So...I'll try to remember to pick up the batteries

For the record, my 97 headliner was cardboard with just enough fiberglass on it to make it stiff. ( <insert bad joke here)

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

My solution didn't fail. It stayed up for a year and I left open coolant in the car on a hot week with the windows up. The same thing would happen to yours if you did the same thing. Only you would be paying another 80$. I might pay 8$. But hey you work for your money not me. If you need silence in your jeep to read a book or whatever then so be it. I bet you could buy a noise canceling device and that would help too. Don't get so defensive. Im just saying not everyone has 80$ to wipe there a** with. Im not trying to say im right no matter what. Its all about options. A lot of people on the forum have done this. In fact I don't see too many stock headliners around anymore. I believe its because when the interior gets wet off roading the moisture kills it.
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Don't get me wrong I might do it if I had a lot of money and ran out of improvements and didn't feel like taking 20 mins to do it myself.
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #19
leftfield6
Where are my damn keys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinyj95 View Post
My solution didn't fail. It stayed up for a year and I left open coolant in the car on a hot week with the windows up. The same thing would happen to yours if you did the same thing. Only you would be paying another 80$. I might pay 8$. But hey you work for your money not me. If you need silence in your jeep to read a book or whatever then so be it. I bet you could buy a noise canceling device and that would help too. Don't get so defensive. Im just saying not everyone has 80$ to wipe there a** with. Im not trying to say im right no matter what. Its all about options. A lot of people on the forum have done this. In fact I don't see too many stock headliners around anymore. I believe its because when the interior gets wet off roading the moisture kills it.
And I'm the one who is defensive?

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are far more stock headliners than bedlinered/vinyled/whatevered. Just no one posts about it because it's not as interesting as someone who does something different.

Whatever works for you and how you use your Jeep. I'm upfront about the fact that i don't off-road my GC. It logs a lot of highway miles, will tow a fair amount, and will be my snow vehicle when I go to visit family in the winter. I don't see a need to sacrifice some noise abatement for $80.

I'd be willing to bet you've spent more than $80 on off-road gear (lift?, shocks?, big tires?) which, for my purposes, would be stupidly spent money.

(former) 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo
77 CJ-5
75 CJ-5
leftfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

I can piss twice as far as you. Lol jk jk To each his own. I was just messing with you I have a stock niner as well. My 95 5.2 is my mudder. I sold my yj because I knew some one that needed a car and no one would do payments for them. Niners a gas hog but It does come in handy when you have to tow something. I don't think I would drive it as a commuter. Regret selling the yj now kina miss the 4cyl.
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
leftfield6
Where are my damn keys?

Yeah, but I can put a higher arc in mine!

All good man, it would be a boring forum if we all had and built identical rides.

Hear ya on the gas mileage. Lucky for me, for my 30 mile one-way commute I only use the Niner for about 2 miles of that. I drive from my house to a local bus park and ride, and I ride a commuter bus into downtown Atlanta. Bus brings me back at the end of the day, I drive the Niner back 2 miles home.

That is the perfect commute for a vehicle that is getting about 14 mpg!

(former) 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo
77 CJ-5
75 CJ-5
leftfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #22
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

You get 14 I think I get 9 mpg. I think I need a new o2. cats a little backed up too. I believe im going to swap it for a magnaflow with a flowmaster muffler. Not sure yet. Thats the only thing that sucks about having a fleet of jeeps which one to put parts into this week.
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #23
um7267
1998 ZJ 

has anyone tried to bedliner the back of the headliner and fabrice the front for noise reduction? just thought about it while searching this topic. i would imagine that it would add density to the fiberglass and help deaden the sounds over all.

so the camo didnt hold up well? im trying to find a unique solution to this mine is burnt badly from the PO, but the fiberglass is all there somehow
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Yea the camo worked fine but I left a drain pan of old coolant in the back caused a lot of condensation. So now I have bubbles. In the headliner not the guy from trailer park boys. Now that I think of it.. I do believe that's why my stock one came down as well. Only I believe it was water on the floor that evaporated. Drove through a pond. I think I might look into a waterproof adhesive this time.
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
um7267
1998 ZJ 

from what i have found most say heat and moisture resistant, and cool cause i want to go with a camo pattern that will make my zj stand out, as if it doesnt being purple and all
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
ZJ_This
1997 ZJ 

Heres what i did to mine, pulled the old fabric off. scrubbed the foam off and just sprayed some headliner adhesive and put up some black denim fabric i found at walmart.

came out pretty good i think for just jumping in one day.
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #27
AveryZJ
1998 ZJ 

New question! How do I remove the console thing up top? I know there is a screw in the very front. But I'm not sure about anything else. I remember reading a very thorough write up about this but the search bar didn't come up with anything.
AveryZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Screws and push it forward or back. Might be a plastic clip somewhere. Its all pretty easy. The hardest part being removing the trim and the ohh shi* handles, seat belts. Well that and holding down the fabric while it dries. I use Arizona green tea gallons. But I suppose anything works. I will have to take some pics after I get mine back up. Im thinking I can salvage the fabric as long as I dry it.
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #29
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

I like where you put the switches zj this. I may have to relocate mine there. I want to put a cubby where I have mine now where my service 4x4 screen use to be. Cant remember what that was called before I took it out because of that defect.
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #30
AveryZJ
1998 ZJ 

Alright I have everything out except for the trim at the very back. How do I get this taken down? I took out all of the screws but it still doesn't want to come down. Any help?
AveryZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.