Headlight screws - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Headlight screws

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Headlight screws

Hope someone can help me here. I got into an accident a few months ago and now that the weather is getting better, it's time to replace the headlight that was damaged. My problem is that the whole header panel was shattered and all (or at least most) of the screws that hold everything together were lost on the ground. And the new header panel doesn't come with any hardware. Do they make a complete screw kit? If so, does anyone know the part number. Thanks.

Unread 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

just use sheet metal screws of the correct size and length found at any hardware store for the header panel.
i've got tons of mismatched sheet screws in my junk.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Not to worried about the header panel itself. I figured I could use anything that fit. It's the adjusting screws for the headlight I'm looking for.
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

I don't think the aftermarket offers the headlight adjusters. Dealer or salvage yard would be your choices for the vertical and horizontal adjusters and the pivot stud if that's missing also..

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling View Post
I don't think the aftermarket offers the headlight adjusters. Dealer or salvage yard would be your choices for the vertical and horizontal adjusters and the pivot stud if that's missing also..

Ken
i haven't seen them. dealer or salvage. 93-95 are different than the 96-98 hardware.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
morrist95
1993 ZJ 

i had the same deal where i had to replace my header support. The only place i have found them are either junkyard ors just buy new ones online. i found mine at morris4x4 http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-li...herokee-zj.htm
morrist95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

We carry replacement headlights if you need one. There's free shipping on them too. Here's a link to them on our website Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ Headlights

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Thanks for the link morrist95. What they show there is actually better than chrysler. They didn't even know what parts I needed.
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugulis View Post
Thanks for the link morrist95. What they show there is actually better than chrysler. They didn't even know what parts I needed.
Yeah, the parts books can be a little confusing to the new guys on the counter, maybe I need to unretire and start hustling Chrysler parts again, lol.

Anyway, the part numbers you need for your Jeep are (depending on what you lost)

55055121 Vertical Adjuster
55055122 Horizontal Adjuster
56006403 Pivot

Quantity 1 each to do one side of vehicle.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #10
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling View Post
Yeah, the parts books can be a little confusing to the new guys on the counter, maybe I need to unretire and start hustling Chrysler parts again, lol.

Anyway, the part numbers you need for your Jeep are (depending on what you lost)

55055121 Vertical Adjuster
55055122 Horizontal Adjuster
56006403 Pivot

Quantity 1 each to do one side of vehicle.

Ken
Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. When I went to the parts counter, their diagram didn't even include the L shaped adjusting gears, so they didn't know what I needed. But with the diagram on the link and the part numbers, I'm confident I'll be getting the right parts. Thanks again guys.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.