Header Information - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Header Information

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
errorcode3
1998 ZJ 

Header Information

Hello,

Fairly new to the world of jeeps, so i don't know all the websites to look for parts yet. But i have dug around at jegs/summit/etc. for a set of headers and exhaust (exhaust i can locate) for my 5.9. But i'm having little to no luck locating anything.

So my question is where do i go about getting a set of headers? I have searched a few older post's via google, but still no luck

Thanks,

Last edited by errorcode3; 07-12-2011 at 09:21 AM..
errorcode3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

What's up buddy. Nice to see another local. Well directly opposite corners of the metro. But none the less, what up.

Doug Thorley is the top header for our zjs. Summit has em
Edelbrock has a set as well.
Could also do some block hugger headers but the outlet dumps right on the starter and will need some custom piping to go around it.

Could also do some 92-93 exhaust manifolds off a 318/360, any mopar. The outlet on em is almost 2 1/4 inch compared to the 2" on the 94+ manifolds. They do flow quite well and are way cheaper then the headers.

Did you just get the niner? Is all the normal maintenance taken care of? How about the plenum, has that been done?

BTW you have a xj listed, should change it to zj
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
errorcode3
1998 ZJ 

Ah, i found them, now i remember why, I gave up looking on my phone since summit wouldn't cooperate with me. But they are not cheap either.

I've had the niner for about 6 months, most of the routine stuff has been done, all the fluids, brakes, water pump etc.

Haven't done the plenum yet, but its on my to-do list, just waiting for a day that isn't 95% humidity. I also don't drive it a whole lot since
#1 its 100% rust free (i am amazed since its lived in mn its whole life)
#2 gas sucks
#3 not sure in my direction for the jeep.
Unread 07-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Kolak
Vendor

Edelbrock has discontinued their headers for the 5.2/5.9 ZJ.

Thorley has not made a batch of headers in months. Summit may list them but they don't have any and won't be getting any. I am just getting together a group of people start the process of producing another batch of Thorleys. So PM me if you want to jump on in.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
errorcode3
1998 ZJ 

So basically my immediate options are pretty much slim to nil on finding a set.

Looks like i'll just have to get my exhaust done to get a little more growl in the mean time.
Unread 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Kolak
Vendor

I do have one set of Edelbrock headers brand new in the box that I might be talked into selling.

The wait for the Thorleys is going to be about four weeks, so not too bad.

Otherwise, PM me for information about my Kolak Exhaust. JeepForum members get 10% off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorcode3 View Post
So basically my immediate options are pretty much slim to nil on finding a set.

Looks like i'll just have to get my exhaust done to get a little more growl in the mean time.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

Kolak is the man to go to for aftermarket stuff.
Great help and tons of knowledge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.