head gasket or exhaust problem???? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > head gasket or exhaust problem????

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
donha1mn

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep95xj View Post
Do you have a check engine light on? Most likely if your cat is bad the CEL will come on. If you dont then just get under your jeep and hit the cat with a closed fist. Sometimes when it's broken up inside it will rattle all around when you hit it.
No check engine light. Could I possibly have bad O2 sensors even though they are only a few months old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Give it a kick or with a rubber mallet to see what may rattle around in there. You may have more than one issue however and I'm still suspicious of the cooling system.

"Im not losing an excessive amount of coolant but I did notice this black gunky stuff underneath my radiator cap and there was like little sparkle things floating on top of my coolant. I opened up my coolant reservoir and it looks a little brown around the edges."

Pull that reservoir and flush it out. Replace, Fill it, draw a line on it & monitor it.
Im gonna have to wait to at least tomorrow to anything since its been pouring outside all day. Ill update once its nice enough to do some work.

98 5.9 ZJ: 4.5" IRO + 1" spacers w/IRO front adjustable long arms and rear adjustable CAs, IRO OTK steering, KOR steering brace, JKS quick disconnects, IRO belly skid, Bilsteins, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MT sidebiters, ARB bumper w/ WARN M8000 and 2 55W Hella Black Magic, JCR stage 2 sliders, Bushwackers, AEM CAI, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, 3" Kolak exhaust w/Flowmaster 44

In the garage: 8.8 w/4.10s and LSD, Artec 8.8 swap kit and truss

My 5.9 BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1095938/

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
donha1mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.