head gasket or exhaust problem???? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 16 Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep95xj View Post
Do you have a check engine light on? Most likely if your cat is bad the CEL will come on. If you dont then just get under your jeep and hit the cat with a closed fist. Sometimes when it's broken up inside it will rattle all around when you hit it.
No check engine light. Could I possibly have bad O2 sensors even though they are only a few months old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Give it a kick or with a rubber mallet to see what may rattle around in there. You may have more than one issue however and I'm still suspicious of the cooling system.

"Im not losing an excessive amount of coolant but I did notice this black gunky stuff underneath my radiator cap and there was like little sparkle things floating on top of my coolant. I opened up my coolant reservoir and it looks a little brown around the edges."

Pull that reservoir and flush it out. Replace, Fill it, draw a line on it & monitor it.
Im gonna have to wait to at least tomorrow to anything since its been pouring outside all day. Ill update once its nice enough to do some work.

5.9 ZJ with some stuff

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.