Head bolts on 5.2L V-8: One Time Use? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Head bolts on 5.2L V-8: One Time Use?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Jim Moore

Head bolts on 5.2L V-8: One Time Use?

Folks-

Can someone check a factory manual and let me know if the head bolts on the 5.2L V-8 are one time use? My old bolts look perfect and I'd like to save the $65 if possible.

Thanks,

2004 GCL
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
Dalmask

Haynes says they're reusable if you run a die down the holes (which should be done anyway) and over the bolts, for what it's worth.

-Dal
Dalmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
Jim Moore

Thanks, Dal. I saw that in the Haynes. I'm leaning toward reusing them, but I'd feel better if I heard it from someone with a factory manual.
2004 GCL
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
Dalmask

I totally understand. There's nothing fun about head gaskets.

-Dal
Dalmask is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.